At RBH we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
We have commenced our search for an experienced General Manager to lead the team at Ibis Budget Heathrow T5. Reporting to the Director of Hotel Transitions, you will have a strong focus on the delivery of exceptional guest care in a branded environment as well as the commercial performance of the business.
As General Manager you will develop your knowledge of the local corporate market to achieve sales in a competitive environment and maximising on revenue, managing occupancy and driving growth in the food and beverage side of the business. You will be an ambassador for the guest journey and ensure brand values and service behaviours are delivered consistently in a professional and friendly environment. Leading and developing a current great team across all departments to achieve exceptional performance across the key indicators of profit, people and RGI.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- to be an experienced GM with strong commercial understanding and a branded hotel background;
- the ability to adapt to new environments and remain resilient while leading and motivating the team;
- previous experience of working within an airport market (essential).
We are expecting a lot of interest in this role and the screening process will be as follows:
- initial screening and successful candidates invited to provide further information by way of video interview questions;
- first round interviews to be conducted virtually;
- second round interviews where candidates will be requested to prepare a presentation (may be done virtually or in person if permitted); and
- potential meeting with the hotel owner or a senior member of the RBH team.
N.B. we will not be accepting applications made by direct email, messages on LinkedIn or unsolicited CV's via recruiters/agency. We are also unfortunately not in a position to sponsor employees on a Tier 2 working visa.
Where Will You Be Working?
Ibis Budget Terminal 5, located within the Heathrow area, is a recently refurbished and rebranded hotel. Initially reopened with 75 of it 297 rooms in January 2021, the hotel will gradually increase it's bedroom stock over the next 6-9 months. With a fabu;lous and dedicated team, this is an exciting time to be joining this hotel as the refurbishment project continues and the international travel market starts to resume.
What's In It For You?
- People love to work with RBH because
- We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
- Our people are truly engaged at work
- There's open, clear communication from the top
- We've got great career development opportunities
- There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
- Everyday discounts from high street retailers
- Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
- Career opportunities, training and help with course fees
- Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
- Incentive programmes
- Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
- Free meals on duty
- Healthcare plans and Insurance plans (just in case)
The Bigger Picture
With a real focus on performance, people, quality, profit and communities at RBH we transform hotels.
RBH is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!