We're looking for a Gardener to maintain all of the outside space in our beautiful property.
You will be green fingered, have a passion for horticulture and an eye for detail. With flower beds, lawns and maybe even a pond or two to look after no two days will be the same.
Your day to day;
- Seasonal planting of flowers and shrubs, ensuring they are watered, fed and pruned
- Preparing and maintaining any hanging baskets or pots
- Keeping the grounds tidy and free of leaves and litter
- Mowing and feeding lawned areas
- Planning the next years planting and landscaping so we are always ready for the next season
- Our hotel's grounds give the first and last impression to our guests. You will have to ensure our property is always looking at its best
Who are we looking for?
As Gardener, you will have a good knowledge of plants, pruning, lawn care, pest and disease identification and treatment. You will need to ensure our gardens stay in prime condition throughout the year.
Experience with typical gardening machinery would be an advantage but an understanding of the importance of health and safety in the workplace is a must.
You'll love the outdoors and getting your hands dirty, come rain or shine tending to your garden will always be your passion.
Previous experience in a similar role is desirable however full training can be provided.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- Wagestream - the ability to access up to 40% of your wages as you earn them each week
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 days after 5 years)
- Health cash plan
- Generous employee discounts
- Life assurance
- Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
- An engaging & supportive work environment