Meetings and Groups Coordinator Hilton Garden Inn Stoke-on-Trent
At RBH we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
The Meetings and Groups Coordinator is a new role at the recently opened Hilton Garden Inn Stoke on Trent. The position reports to the Sales Manager and entails working closely with the Reservations Supervisor. You must be organised, have excellent administration and interpersonal skills, be positive, self-motivated, smart and courteous with a welcoming personality. You will also be able to multi-task and have excellent attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responding to meeting and group enquiries from Private Groups, Corporate Clients, Coach Tour Operators, Agents, Third Party websites, Hilton and our Management Company.
- Professionally respond to customer enquiries via email, phone and face to face contact.
- Understand client's requirements and effectively handle sales enquiries and bookings.
- Manage Groups and Meetings business from enquiry stage through to final details, arrival and post-departure.
- Prepare accurate contracts, client invoices and event/function sheets in a timely and manner.
- Prepare and communicate hotel function sheets for conferences and meetings, group accommodation bookings, sports teams and coach tours.
- Conduct hotel showrounds and promote the facilities to potential clients by demonstrating an in-depth knowledge of the hotel.
- Effectively assist in the follow up of potential sales leads and future business opportunities.
- Work closely with the Reservations Supervisor and communicate across all hotel departments to ensure meetings run smoothly and group bookings are properly managed.
- Make group reservations, amendments, and cancellations on the hotel's reservations system.
- Experience in a hospitality industry role within a sales team
- Knowledge of OnQ property management reservations systems
- Knowledge of electronic proposal fulfilment such as Delphi
- Proven competent literacy and numerical skills
- Computer literate (Microsoft applications).
Where Will You Be Working?
The Hilton Garden Inn, Stoke-on-Trent will feature 140 bedrooms, 3 meeting rooms, a gymnasium and bar & restaurant.
Part of the Hilton family of brands, this exciting role provides an excellent opportunity for a Kitchen Porter to support the opening of an iconic branded hotel in a competitive marketplace.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because
We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
Our people are truly engaged at work
There's open, clear communication from the top
We've got great career development opportunities
There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
Incentive programmes - to keep you motivated
Money off high street retailers - hundreds of savings to be had
Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
Free meals on duty?(this could easily equate to over £1000 per year saving to you *based on full time hours)
Pension - as it's important to save for a later date
Flexible pay with Wagestream - a financial wellbeing benefit that allows you to access your pay as you earn it
Training programmes - we want you to be the best you can be
Tips - a bit extra is always handy
Cycle to Work Scheme - huge savings on buying a new bike
Refer a Friend Scheme - just by putting a good word in for a mate will earn you extra cash
The Bigger Picture
RBH is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!