At RBH Hospitality Management we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
The Maintenance Manager contributes to RBH goals and values by supporting the General Manager and Regional Proprty Manager with managing the maintenance and healthy & safety of the hotel.
Where Will You Be Working?
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport is a 199 bedroom hotel with a bar & restaurant, located 1.9 miles from Manchester Airport Terminals and Manchester Airport train / metro station. Staff parking available onsite.
What Are We Looking For?
This position would suit a multi-skilled, hands-on and motivated individual looking to develop their management experience. You should be adaptable, flexible and able to work both independently and within the hotel management team. Experience within a hotel environment is highly desirable. Experience within a customer facing role would be preferable but not essential and full training is provided.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge across or expertise in electrical, mechanical, plumbing, joinery and decorating disciplines. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Manage the Maintenance Department and Team Members on a day-to-day basis
- Management of Compliance to brand standards, Fire Life Safety Standards, Energy Efficiency and legislative statutory compliance
- Ensure the hotel achieves its safety and cost control targets, confident in implementing a PPM schedule as this will be a critical aspect of the role
- Maintain accurate written records of all maintenance tasks allocated and work completed
- Responsible for emergency response to mechanical and electrical equipment, fire alarm, lift faults and any other maintenance failures
- Health and Safety recordkeeping
- Arrange reactive attendances with external contractors and ordering of maintenance supplies via procurement web portals
- Works to a shift rotas system, in order to provide adequate coverage as required by the hotel and remains flexible to provide assistance to emergencies out of normal hours
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH Hotels because
- We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
- Our people are truly engaged at work
- There's open, clear communication from the top
- We've got great career development opportunities
- There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
- Everyday discounts from high street retailers
- Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
- Career opportunities, training and help with course fees
- Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
- Incentive programmes
- Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
- Free meals on duty
- Healthcare plans and Insurance plans (just in case)
The Bigger Picture
With a real focus on performance, people, quality, profit and communities at RBH we transform hotels.
RBH Hospitality Management is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriot and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!