FRONT OFFICE RECEPTIONIST
We have a unique opportunity for a Front Office Receptionist to join our team ahead of our hotel re-opening this summer.
Though a short drive from Glasgow, Cameron House feels a million miles away from everyday life. Set in 400 acres of beautiful Scottish countryside, it's considered one of the country's finest 5-star luxury resorts.
Following an extraordinary restoration to the historical 17th century Baronial mansion, Cameron House Hotel will reopen this summer offering 140 beautiful bedrooms and 24 spectacular suites. Home to 115 luxury lodges, a world-class spa with rooftop infinity pool, 18-hole championship golf course, a range of impressive restaurants and bars, a new state-of-the-art Leisure Club, 124 berth marina, and a choice of exhilarating and relaxing outdoor activities.
For meetings and conferences, Cameron House provides a flexible choice of seven function spaces in a truly memorable setting, while our extensive corporate offering also includes a range of team-building and social activities.
The romantic setting of Loch Lomond also makes Cameron House the perfect place for spectacular weddings. We can tailor bespoke wedding for guests, from intimate celebrations and larger events for up to 400 guests, or anything in between.
Add all the above together, and we have something very special; all that's missing could be you.
THE ROLE - FRONT OFFICE RECEPTIONIST
The main scope of this role is to welcome all guests on arrival providing access to bedroom facilities, handle enquires throughout stay before presenting and processing bill payments on departure.
Key things you will be responsible for:
- Warm, friendly and exceptional guest service on check in and check out and during stay
- Allocating guest rooms and suites
- Group check-ins
- Billing and payments
- Handling enquiries in person, by telephone and by email
- Providing resort and local information
- Courtesy calls and recording of guest preferences and requirements
- Resolving issues and escalating where appropriate
- Registration of visitors and contractors
- Gift Voucher sales
- Printing and distribution of reports
- Using a variety of systems including Microsoft Office, Resort Suite, HotSOS, Bartech and VingCard.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We recruit people with widely varying personalities from different walks of life and backgrounds. While we don't have a typical' employee, there are some specific qualities or traits we look for.
- People who want to achieve great things - your interest in us suggests you have the ambition, drive and determination to meet challenges head on.
- People who are naturally friendly - who genuinely care about our guests and the service they receive.
- People who will always go beyond what our guests expect from us to make their stay a special and memorable one.
- People who show the same level of care for their team, as our guests - It's about supporting our colleagues to be the best they can be and to do the best job they can.
- People who will respect and protect the magical place we work in - it's up to all of us to look after our environment and never take it for granted.
TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
- National 5 Qualifications in Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications) essential, with further study e.g. NC/HND/SVQ or equivalent in Hospitality or Tourism related field and advantage.
- Customer service experience is essential and hotel experience is desirable
- Ability to quickly build rapport and strong working relationships
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and passion for service excellence
- Initiative, creativity and ability to solve problems
- Strong communication skills, verbally and in writing
- Proficiency in IT, competent in the use of Microsoft packages and ability to use technology
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
At Cameron House we can offer fully funded, work-based training and development. Everything from apprenticeships, structured work experience in other businesses and supported scholarships through to graduate programmes, specialist craft training, and formal qualifications up to HND and Degree level.
We offer a generous range of employee benefits and, given what we do and where we are, you'll have plenty of opportunity to make the most of our own five-star facilities. Here's what to expect:
- Free meals when on duty, in our team cafes
- Pension scheme
- Refer-a-friend scheme
- Birthday lunches and long service awards involving recognition with high street shopping vouchers and overnight stays
- Enhanced holidays, rising with long service
- Free Leisure Club Membership, with friends and family discounts.
- Employee care service, offering lifestyle and wellbeing support and counselling via a confidential helpline
- On-site discounts on Cameron House and Cameron Lodges accommodation, 30% off food and beverages, golf membership, spa treatments, Celtic Warrior cruises, outdoor activities and retail products
- Supplier and local business discounts - from cinema tickets, car hire and airport parking to mobile phones, leisure activities and high street retailers
- Free parking
And while Cameron House itself offers a huge range of activities across 400 acres of Scottish countryside, there's also the wider Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park on your doorstep - just waiting to be explored in your free time.