At RBH we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
We have commenced our search for an experienced Front Office Manager to support The Westin London City Hotel & Residencies, due to open in the summer of 2021. Reporting to the Hotel Manager, the Front Office Manager will be responsible for all front office functions and staff, including Bell Staff, Switchboard Operations, Guest Services and Front Desk.
As a key department head, the FOM will work with managers and employees to successfully execute all front office operations, including guest arrival and departure procedures. Key measures of the role's success is in the continuous improvement of guest and employee satisfaction and maximisation of the financial performance of the department.
Key tasks include:
- Leading and training the concierge, night auditors and team of receptionists.
- Ensuring the front desk provides a professional and friendly service for customers.
- Dealing with customers, including handling complaints when they come to the desk.
- Being a first point of contact for any hotel emergency.
- Scheduling staff rotas.
- Leading the Guest Services Team.
- Maintaining Guest Services and Front Desk Goals.
- Managing projects and policies (ensuring compliance with all Front Office policies, standards and procedures).
- Ensuring exceptional Customer Service.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Flexible & adaptable to different working conditions & hours.
- Forward thinking; keen and confident in promoting new ideas.
- Oral & written fluency in English.Additional languages will be considered a plus.
- High degree of self-motivation.
- Understanding of managing guest experience metrics and platforms.
- Knowledge of Opera PMS.
- Highly effective training & interpersonal skills.
- Marriott experience and/or knowledge of GXP and MARSHA is highly beneficial.
N.B. we are expecting high volumes of applications for this role and additional screening questions have been included in the initial application process. We will not be accepting applications made by direct email, messages on LinkedIn or unsolicited CV's via recruiters/agency. We are also not in a position to sponsor employees on a Tier 2 working visa.
Where Will You Be Working?
The Westin London City Hotel & Residences will be a key part of the redevelopment of the former Queensbridge House site, as well as an independently operated destination restaurant. The site stretches from Queenhithe Dock - the oldest in London - and runs north to south, bridging across Upper Thames Street and giving it a prominent position over one of the primary arterial routes through the City of London. Highly visible from the South Bank, the hotel will also benefit from panoramic views over the River Thames and will complete the northern riverbank walkway between the Tower of London and Millennium Bridge.
The hotel will be the first under Marriott's Westin brand in the UK. The hotel's 222 guest rooms, including 10 suites and Presidential Suite, are designed to offer guests a nature-inspired respite in the centre of a bustling city, expertly balancing a calming palette of natural colours with contrasting tones, textures and materials. The development also includes a fitness and leisure suite, conference facilities, plus a restaurant and wine bar with spectacular views over the River Thames.
The hotel will feature an indoor swimming pool, idyllic 375m² spa and WestinWORKOUT® fitness studio with state-of-the-art TRX® exercise equipment. In addition, 830m² of ultra-modern meeting and event space will be available, including a Junior Ballroom and four meeting rooms, as well as a 24-hour business centre.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because
- We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
- Our people are truly engaged at work
- There's open, clear communication from the top
- We've got great career development opportunities
- There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes.
- Everyday discounts from high street retailers
- Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
- Career opportunities, training and help with course fees
- Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
- Incentive programmes
- Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
- Healthcare plans and Insurance plans (just in case)
The Bigger Picture
With a real focus on performance, people, quality, profit and communities at RBH we transform hotels.
RHB is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!