As Front Office Manager you will impact and influence key decisions and strategies within the business. As part of the senior leadership team, this highly visible role will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the customer journey from arrival through departure and all in stay requirements. Working closely with the General Manager and Operations Manager this position will be expected to lead on the implementation and execution of all front office customer delivery strategies.
You will embrace every opportunity to create extra special moments for our guests to provide a personal experience our guests will want to share.
As the Front Office Manager, you will ensure the team delivers an effective and enjoyable experience to all guests. Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing departmental strategies that will grow customer performance and excellence delivery
- High visibility during key guest demand periods delivering a total lobby experience
- Delivery of monthly Net Promoter and Guest Review Index arrival/in stay/departure targets
- Developing a Customer's need' team approach with service personalisation's developed
- Delivery of impeccable team attention to reading guest behaviour and preference detail
- Ownership of the full arrival/in stay/post stay services feedback
- Proactive involvement in Sales familiarisation trips and VIP show rounds to ensure our warmer welcome and service proposition is fully leveraged
- Ownership and measurement of customer preferences profiling in the PMS
Growth & profitability
- Responsible for creation, management, and fulfilment of cluster departmental budgets
- Delivery of suggestive upselling training forming part of guest value proposition
- Hosting of weekly and monthly strategy meetings with operational teams and General Manager reviewing key metrics and performance indicators
- Daily / weekly payroll cost analysis in accordance with forecasted and materialised occupancies to ensure optimal performance and immediate overspend correction
Key Skills / Entry Requirement:
You will be well organised, an excellent communicator and be committed to building and developing the managers and the teams. Specific requirements include:
- Customer centric driven with a clear focus and ability to enhance the customer journey
- Clear and influencing communicator with the ability to interact across all levels
- Ability to adapt and drive a continuous growth and transformational mindset
- Possess a cost efficiency and profit driven approach
- Identifies and manages best resources to achieve targets
- Translates strategies into practical plans
- Deploys time in motion exercises ensuring optimum cost engineering
- Builds and develops a guest centric team culture
- A strong understanding of related Health and Safety requirements
- Coaching, supporting and challenging approach to deliver operational targets
Why join Apex Hotels?
We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share.
With 10 four-star hotels throughout the UK, we like to think of our hotels as members of the family, each with their own personality and style. Although each of our hotels has its own character, whatever one our guests choose to stay at, they'll get a great night's sleep and a warm welcome. The key to it all is you, our employees.
We also offer great benefits which include:
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- 29 days holiday
- Access to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
- Discounted room rates
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Ongoing training and development
Putting your safety first
Apex Hotels have fully integrated all Covid19 measures into their properties to ensure peace of mind for all our Employees and Customers. You will be able to carry out your new role in a safe and clean environment with the additions of sanitiser, PPE requirements and distancing measures all as part of your daily routine.
Our recruitment process has been adapted to ensure we can hire safely while bringing in the best talent to join our Apex Family, so we have introduced video applications to give you the opportunity to let your personality shine through. Our interview process and Welcome Day induction process will be via Microsoft Teams, an online meeting channel, which you can access through your browser or its free to download the app on your laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!