JOIN OUR FAMILY
At RBH we believe our people are our biggest assets and understand the value in putting them first. Our approach to diversity in the workplace, health & wellbeing, sustainability and individuality sets us apart from our competitors and is one of the reasons we are rated Top 30 Best Places to Work in Hospitality! We are passionate about the industry and always on the look out for new talent to join us on our journey...
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A FRONT OFFICE MANAGER AT CROWNE PLAZA DOCKLANDS
What you'll be doing...
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you can expect your working day to include the following.
As Front Office Manager you will be overseeing a small team. You will ensure that the team are ready for their day-to-day role and assist at busy points. You will be working closely with the Operations Manager to ensure the smooth running of the hotel and handling of customer feedback. You will lead, motivate, and inspire your team in meeting and exceeding guest expectations. This is a hands-on management role, leading from the front. As Front Office Manager you must be self-motivated and be an inspirational leader, who believes in delivering the best possible standards in guest service, continually leading your team by example. The role requires excellent interpersonal skills to handle guest complaints and providing departmental performance.
Your key areas responsibility will include:
- To ensure that your team are developed to provide a hospitable service in line with the standard training manual.
- To develop your team to anticipate guest needs, act upon and follow up guest requests and deliver a level of service and responsiveness that generates compliments.
- To have a full understanding of all systems and programmes e.g. Holidex, Opera, IHG Rewards Cards etc.
- To display a pro-active and innovative approach to skills development and standards enhancement with your team
- Ensure communication procedures are effective and efficient on a day-to-day basis, so that service standards are not compromised.
- Establish and maintain strict security procedures within your department, reporting any potential risks to the General Manager/ Operations Manager
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
We hire mostly on personality & potential but here are a few of our requirements...
To succeed in the role of Front Office Manager, you will need the following qualities and skills.
The ideal candidate is an individual who cares about providing excellent service to our guests and who can use their intuition and creativity to deliver a wonderous experience for everyone. Communicate well with others, has excellent customer focus, organisation and methodical approach is paramount with this role for the team and the hotel to be successful. As Front Office Manager' you'll be a passionate leader with the ability to motivate and support your team to exceed your target. You'll demonstrate your passion by bringing new ideas to the table, delivering on your promises, and engaging positively with those around you. Experience within a similar environment is preferable.
WHAT WE OFFER
You will have access to a benefits package we believe truly works for our people and enhances our overall culture...
- Discounted hotel room rates for you and your friends & family
- Extra days holiday for your birthday
- Flexible working arrangements
- Free meals on duty saving you over £1000 per year
To learn more about our full benefits package, click here to watch our employee benefits video.
RBH Hospitality Management is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. If at any point throughout our process you require reasonable adjustments, please contact email@example.com .