The pay rate for this role is £11 per hour, the role is permanent and guarantees 40 hours per week with plenty overtime if you are keen. Overtime is paid after 40 hours at £16.50 per hour.
When joining Apex Hotels as a Food and Beverage Supervisor, you will receive the warm welcome into the Apex family. We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share. It is these family values that encourage you to bring your own unique personality to the role and be yourself whilst working as an integral part of the Food and Beverage team.
As Food & Beverage Supervisor you will be an excellent organiser with a passion for providing excellent customer care. You will have the initiative and drive to manage the department alongside the Manager. You will utilise your excellent communication skills in order to motivate your team, as well as delegate tasks.
You will embrace every opportunity to create extra special moments for our guests and provide a personal experience our guests will want to share.
This is a Cluster role where you will be required to work across any of our 4 Edinburgh properties.
As Food & Beverage Supervisor you will assist the Food & Beverage Manager in the day-to-day operation of the restaurant and bar plus conference & events. This incorporates the smooth running of breakfast, lunch and dinner service, as well as room service. Your other roles and responsibilities will include:
- Managing the team to ensure customer service standards are met and customer enquiries are dealt with confidently.
- Working in all areas of Food and Beverage including Bar, Restaurant, Room Service and Conference.
- Delivering outstanding customer care.
- Taking responsibility for the opening and closing of the restaurant and bar.
- Overseeing and motivating team members.
- Taking responsibility for stock taking.
- Assist with recruiting and training team members.
- Delivering the highest standards in service and presentation.
- Assisting with payroll, staff scheduling and administration.
Key Skills / Entry Requirement:
As an Apex Hotels Food and Beverage Supervisor, we ask that you take pride in your work and have a willingness to learn. You will have a real passion for food and drink, and you will have excellent attention to detail in order to provide consistent standards. This is a vital role in the function of the hotel and ultimately the service provided to our guests that enhances their stay. You will enjoy chatting to our guests, offering help and assistance, you will be great at multi-tasking, you will be efficient at solving guest enquiries and all with a smile and your infectious personality!
When you start your new role with Apex Hotels, you will begin a 12 week structured lerning and development programme. With this in mind, we are looking for a Food and Beverage Supervisor who:
- Has previous experience in a food or beverage role
- Can deliver excellent standards
- Uses own initiative
- Has a customer service attitude
- Ideally has eexperience of supervisory training
- Holds a genuine desire to provide a Warmer Welcome to our guests
Why join Apex Hotels?
With 10 four-star hotels throughout the UK, we like to think of our hotels as members of the family, each with their own personality and style. Although each of our hotels has its own character, whatever one our guests choose to stay at, they'll get a great night's sleep and a warm welcome. The key to it all is you, our employees.
We also offer great benefits which include:
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- 29 days holiday
- Access to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
- Discounted room rates
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Ongoing training and development
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!