We have an exciting opportunity for a Cluster Food and Beverage Manager to join our team; overseeing all F&B outlets and Conference and Banqueting for 4 city centre properties in Edinburgh. This is an exciting new cluster role which will impact and influence key decisions and strategies within the business going forward. You will embrace every opportunity to create extra special moments for our guests to provide a personal experience our guests will want to share.
We are looking for an innovative and productive leader who is results driven with a keen eye for detail and with a clear objective of delivering sustainable annual departmental profit growths across the cluster outlets. You will spearhead an exciting productivity and growth drive across all restaurant, bar and conference and events spaces.
Growth & profitability
- Delivery of outlet profit targets whilst successfully handling annual budgets
- Hosting of weekly and monthly commercial meetings with operational teams and Cluster General Manager / Cluster Operations Managers reviewing key metrics and performance indicators
- Daily / weekly payroll / food / beverage cost analysis in accordance with forecasted and materialised revenues to ensure optimal performance and immediate overspend correction
- Work closely with the Cluster Head Chef on culinary development and delivering a quality offering designed appropriately for each brand and individual location
- Develop a multi skilled team that delivers cluster payroll flexibility with minimal hierarchy
- Creation and delivery of annual commercial plans in conjunction with the operations, procurement, sales and marketing teams
- Delivery of monthly Net Promoter and Guest Review Index service indicators
- High visibility during key service periods to ensure a continuous focus on customer delivery
- Maintaining a team focus on the Customer's need' with service personalisation
- Ownership and management of outlet CRM to build and qualify guest profiling
- Ownership of the full in stay and post stay food and beverage service feedback
- Proactive involvement in Sales familiarisation trips and customer tastings to ensure personalised experiences and drive value upsell opportunities
Key Skills / Entry Requirement:
You must possess excellent attention to detail, be creative and innovative with the vision to capitalise on sales opportunities.
- Clear and influencing communicator with the ability to interact across all levels
- Ability to adapt and drive a continuous growth and transformational mindset
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to multitask
- Detailed understanding of profit and loss accounts
- Possesses a sales and profit driven mentality
- Identifies and manages best resources to achieve targets
- Translates strategies into practical plans
- Builds and develops a guest centric team culture
- Food Safety Management and Professional Cookery qualification at level 3 or above
- Coaching, supporting, challenging mentality that delivers operational results
Why join Apex Hotels?
We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share.
With 10 four-star hotels throughout the UK, we like to think of our hotels as members of the family, each with their own personality and style. Although each of our hotels has its own character, whatever one our guests choose to stay at, they'll get a great night's sleep and a warm welcome. The key to it all is you, our employees.
We also offer great benefits which include:
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- 29 days holiday
- Access to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
- Discounted room rates
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Ongoing training and development
Putting your safety first
Apex Hotels have fully integrated all Covid19 measures into their properties to ensure peace of mind for all our Employees and Customers. You will be able to carry out your new role in a safe and clean environment with the additions of sanitiser, PPE requirements and distancing measures all as part of your daily routine.
Our recruitment process has been adapted to ensure we can hire safely while bringing in the best talent to join our Apex Family, so we have introduced video applications to give you the opportunity to let your personality shine through. Our interview process and Welcome Day induction process will be via Microsoft Teams, an online meeting channel, which you can access through your browser or its free to download the app on your laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!