We have a great opportunity for a Food & Beverage Operations Manager to join The Midland Hotel - Manchester.?
First opened in 1903, The Midland Hotel has been delighting guests from the very beginning.? Originally built to serve rail travellers from London, our stunning building and ballroom charmed visitors day in and day out, and while our appearance has changed over the years, our outstanding service remains the very same.
Today the Grade II listed, 4-star hotel is one of Manchester's most-loved icons, located just minutes from Oxford Road and Piccadilly stations.? Over the years we've hosted everyone from rock stars and politicians to royalty, and our history has taught us one simple thing: every guest is unique, and so their stay must be too.
From our 312 sumptuous bedrooms to our award-winning food and drink, idyllic spa and impressive event spaces, every part of The Midland experience transcends the ordinary.
Key Responsibilities of the Food & Beverage Operations Manager:
- Ensure the smooth running of the food & beverage department, where all aspects of the food & beverage service experience are delivered to the highest levels, ensuring both property and company standards are attained and adhered to.
- Working proactively to maximize guest satisfaction and comfort, delivering a positive and responsive approach to enquiries and problem resolution.
- Develops and implements strategies where key food and beverage metrics are identified, communicated and delivered where reports and tracking tools are effectively maintained in line with defined initiatives & targets.
- Effectively manages the life cycle of the team within the department, fostering a culture of growth, development and performance whilst reflecting the company culture and values.
- Prepares and is responsible for the departmental budget, ensuring that costs and departmental inventory is controlled and that target productivity and performance levels are attained
- Build and maintain effective working relationship with all key stakeholders and partners both internal and external ensuring all communications and activities are controlled and undertaken in a timely manner.
- Establish and deliver effective programmes that advances service standards, profitability and cost control which may include working with internal and external stakeholders as required, whilst incorporating environmental concerns.
- Ensures adherence to all legislation where due diligence requirements and best practice activities are planned, delivered and documented for internal and external audit, performing follow-up as required.
Requirements of the Food & Beverage Operations Manager:
- Proven experience in a food and beverage position, ideally within a hotel environment
- Strong problem-solving capabilities with the ability to adapt to changing environments
- Excellent leadership skills with a hands-on approach and lead-by-example work style
- Commitment to exceptional guest service with a passion for the hospitality industry
- Ability to find creative solutions, offering advice and recommendations
- Personal integrity, with the ability to work in an environment that demands excellence, time and energy
- Strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
- Outstanding analytical and strategic skills improving the business from a financial perspective
- Excellent ability to work collaboratively across functions and cultures in a global environment
- Skilled with Microsoft Office software, especially in Excel
- Experience of using IT Systems on various platforms
- An open, positive and communicative personality
- Ability to handle multiple challenging priorities and assignments
Why come and work for us:
- Earn thousands by referring a friend to work with us
- Stay at one of our Jurys Inn or Leonardo Hotels UK for a hugely discounted rate and get a reduced rate for friends and family if they want to stay too
- Company Pension Scheme, Life assurance & Wellbeing support
- 28 days holiday entitlement including bank holidays, increasing with service to a maximum of 33 days (we even offer Wedding Leave too)
- The opportunity to work for a well-respected brand where people development is at the heart of our culture
- An array of learning courses in which you can attend - the sky is the limit with your development with us, we nourish your skills and talents to develop leaders of the future
- Leo Points - earn performance based points and use them towards that desired product you've been meaning to buy or hey even that well deserved day off!!
- Employee of the month earning you a little bonus and fame for that entire month.
- Flexible working hours- shift working is what we do but not split shifts - we want you to have a work-life balance too
- Uniform & Meals on duty
- Monthly / Quarterly engagement activities - we like to have fun while working hard
- Annual Charity Event Day- we help and support our communities
- Lots of locations in the UK and Ireland which mean that if you want to develop or just fancy a change of scenery, we can help you to move and provide relocation support