JOIN OUR FAMILY
At RBH we believe our people are our biggest assets and understand the value in putting them first. Our approach to diversity in the workplace, health & wellbeing, sustainability, and individuality sets us apart from our competitors and is one of the reasons we are rated Top 30 Best Places to Work in Hospitality! We are passionate about the industry and always on the lookout for new talent to join us on our journey...
WHERE WILL YOU BE WORKING?
We are now seeking a Finance Assistant for RBH property, The Principal York. This property boasts 155 elegant, comfortable bedrooms and suites, a large events centre accommodating 400 delegates, 3 food & drinks venues and a swimming pool.
The Finance Assistant will be based within The Principal York, so the ideal candidate should be within local distance to the property.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A FINANCE ASSISTANT AT THE PRINCIPAL YORK
What you'll be doing...
- Complete all direct billing ensuring correct backup is attached.
- Chase all outstanding invoices ensuring prompt payment in line with payment terms.
- Liaise with all other depts ensuring all teams are aware of issues and work with them to achieve a positive result.
- Prepare Daily Revenue Report.
- Check all credit card refunds and backup.
- Reconcile F&B and Leisure systems daily.
- Report any discrepancies to the Assistant Financial Controller.
- Process all invoices for payment before month end cut off.
- Assist with month end process.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates and ensures associates do the same within the team and hotel.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
We hire mostly on personality & potential but here are a few of our requirements...
To succeed in the role of Finance Assistant, you will need the following qualities and skills:
- Timeliness and accuracy in recording and reporting.
- High degree in numerical literacy with attention to details.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to follow closely processes and procedures.
- Hotel operations experience within a similar role (preferred).
- Knowledge of other Microsoft Office programs.
WHAT WE OFFER
You will have access to a benefits package we believe truly works for our people and enhances our overall culture...
- Discounted hotel room rates for you and your friends & family
- Extra days holiday for your birthday
- Flexible working arrangements
- Free meals on duty saving you over £1000 per year
To learn more about our full benefits package, click here to watch our employee benefits video.
RBH Hospitality Management is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We accept and celebrate our team for who they are and welcome people of all races, disabilities, sex, gender identities and reassignment, sexual orientation, ages, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We keep our recruitment process simple and consider applicants on their abilities alone to ensure a fair interview process. If at any point throughout our process you require reasonable adjustments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.