Apex Hotels are a stylish and contemporary collection of family-owned 4* boutique hotels located in Scotland, London and Bath. Each hotel has its own unique character, but one thing's for certain, we pride ourselves on delivering a Warmer Welcome to all our guests, no matter which hotel they choose to stay in.
This is a cluster role, where you will be required to work across our Bath and London properties.
We're looking for a Finance Assistant to support the Financial Controllers at our Bath and London properties in the day to day finance functions. Your responsibilities will also include:
- Daily income verification & reconciliation.
- Supplier invoice processing.
- Commissions - Checking agents commission enquiries against opera & invoice approval.
- Bank deposits & petty cash control.
- Assist FC with month end processes & reconciliations
- Deputise for hotel financial controllers during periods of annual leave
- Management reporting and forecasting
- Daily income audit
- Working with our Heads of Departments to facilitate roster reviews and wages control
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly management accounts and monthly reconciliations.
Key Skills / Entry Requirement:
To succeed in this role, you will have excellent attention to detail and accuracy, a strong commercial awareness and good organisation skills. Equally important you must have plenty of self-motivation and the ability to communicate at all levels. If you have experience of working within an accounts function and ideally a hospitality organisation this is excellent opportunity to join an ever-changing, growing business where no two days are the same.
You will be friendly and approachable; you will go the extra mile for our guests; you will provide highly consistent good service and you will lead by example.
The idea candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Excellent level of English - written and oral
- A Competent user of full Microsoft Office applications including Excel, word and database management
- Can demonstrate good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Can demonstrate a clear understanding of the need for confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Whilst full training will be given, it would be advantageous to have knowledge of Infor HMS programs & Sage accounting program
- Experience of working within an accounts function.
Why join Apex Hotels?
We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share.
With 10 four-star hotels throughout the UK, we like to think of our hotels as members of the family, each with their own personality and style. Although each of our hotels has its own character, whatever one our guests choose to stay at, they'll get a great night's sleep and a warm welcome. The key to it all is you, our employees.
We also offer great benefits which include:
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- 29 days holiday
- Access to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
- Discounted room rates
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Ongoing training and development
Putting your safety first
Apex Hotels have fully integrated all Covid19 measures into their properties to ensure peace of mind for all our Employees and Customers. You will be able to carry out your new role in a safe and clean environment with the additions of sanitiser, PPE requirements and distancing measures all as part of your daily routine.
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!