As Facilities Manager you will be part of the Maintenance structure, where you will be responsible for carrying out operational, administrative and maintenance duties necessary to maintain the Hotels to an exeptional standard.
You will show initiative, be able to prioritise your work load and have an organised and methodical approach to your work. You will have excellent understanding of Health and Safety in the Work Place plus a good understanding of legal compliance and record keeping.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintain and develop the maintenance reporting procedure to ensure that Hotel defects are reported, recorded and repaired as quickly as possible.
- Responsible for all Hotel on-site contractor activity ensuring they all comply with H&S.
- Develop, implement and manage all health and safety initiatives, including raising awareness within the Hotels and issuing all permits to work.
- Ensure statutory compliance checks are carried out in accordance with current legislation and company policy, in a timely manner and that findings are recorded in the appropriate place and any necessary action taken.
- Ensure all pool plant equipment is maintained in good working order and all necessary water quality checks and back washes are regularly completed.
- Attend regular meetings relating to the FM & Maintenance operation, creating priority lists and demonstrating progress and improvement where necessary.
- Carry out training as necessary to ensure all staff work safely, and to the required company standard.
- To identify and report hazards and maintenance requirements.
- Carry out regular checks on work to help illustrate an improvement in the quality and finish of the Hotels.
- Ensure that any Sub Contractor on site works to the required standard, completes all the necessary paperwork and completes the job to the specification set out.
- Maintain continued improvement in Environmental performance of Hotel and monitor.
- Ensure materials are kept safe, accounted for, and also ensure a base stock of certain items is at hand to make speedy repairs.
- To comply with statutory and legal requirements for Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety, Licensing and Employment Law to ensure that members of the Team are also aware of these requirements.
- Supervisor experience, managing attendance, performance, H&S, completing reviews, 1-2-1's and training.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as may be required by the company from time to time.
- Develop and maintain relationships with our preferred suppliers to drive quality.
Key Skills / Entry Requirement:
- Ability to change working practices by learning, embracing and supporting the transformation of the Apex Facilities Management function.
- Experience of working as a Maintenance Manager/ Facilities Manager
- Demonstratable experience of maintaining swimming pools and associated pool plant equipment
- Proactive approach to all engineering activity, reporting any defects and possesses a can do attitude'.
- Solid understanding of all Statutory certification for commercial properties.
- Willing to change current PPM standards to align best practice schedules and the accurate documentation of all statutory and remedial activity.
- Organised and methodical approach to work.
- Has a qualification in a relevant facilities or engineering field with demonstratable experience within high end commercial, engineering or construction industries.
- Can demonstrate an understanding of budgeting control management and planning
- Can demonstrate competence in Carpentry, Tiling, Painting & Decorating, Plumbing, Electrics and associated regulations.
- Excellent understanding of Health and Safety in the Workplace.
- Has a good understanding of legal compliance and record keeping.
- Proven fault finding and problem-solving skills within buildings.
- Able to produce full UK DVLA Driver's Licence on application with no more than 3 points and with no DD (reckless/dangerous driving), DR (drink or drugs), or CD (careless driving) endorsements.
Why join Apex Hotels?
We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share.
With 10 four-star hotels throughout the UK, we like to think of our hotels as members of the family, each with their own personality and style. Although each of our hotels has its own character, whatever one our guests choose to stay at, they'll get a great night's sleep and a warm welcome. The key to it all is you, our employees.
We also offer great benefits which include:
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- 29 days holiday
- Access to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
- Discounted room rates
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Ongoing training and development
Putting your safety first
Apex Hotels have fully integrated all Covid19 measures into their properties to ensure peace of mind for all our Employees and Customers. You will be able to carry out your new role in a safe and clean environment with the additions of sanitiser, PPE requirements and distancing measures all as part of your daily routine.
Our recruitment process has been adapted to ensure we can hire safely while bringing in the best talent to join our Apex Family, so we have introduced video applications to give you the opportunity to let your personality shine through. Our interview process and Welcome Day induction process will be via Microsoft Teams, an online meeting channel, which you can access through your browser or its free to download the app on your laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!