We have an exciting opportunity to join us in a new role as Experience Executive. Apex Experiences is a new division of our well-established Sales & Events Team, focused on the curation and delivery of exciting and innovative client experiences, to both our existing hotel guests and new client and local markets. Utilising and transforming our versatile event & public spaces across our portfolio of hotels; forging exciting and long-term partnerships with leading and bespoke third-party service providers.
You will embrace every opportunity to create extra special moments for our guests and provide a personal experience our guests will want to share.
As Experience Executive you will be responsible effectively promoting all services and event experiences to achieve maximum sales revenue and client satisfaction for each experience. Whilst you will have a primary base in one of our locations, this role is group wide.
Responsibilities will include:
- To create all experiences in accordance with all departmental SOP's and enter all details into SCS and relevant 3 rd party platforms.
- To maintain accurate records of all experiences
- Manage guest bookings of experiences, handling deposits, creating contracts, pre-payment, creation of function sheets, billing, client feedback and post event evaluation
- Ensuring prompt response to client requests via email, telephone & 3rd party platforms to Apex standards and followed up within 48 hours by using the task function in SCS and other SOP's standards
- To be responsible for the timely sending out of all quotations, bookings and ensure the necessary follow up is carried out in conjunction with the SOP
- Work alongside the Experiences Manager (EM) & Partnership Manager (PM) in producing annual rolling calendar of experiences.
- Work closely with Key Stakeholders to agree, create & facilitate all experiences across 4 key areas - Core F&B; Collaborative Partnership; Shared Party; Inhouse Experiences.
- To assist EM with forecasting and budget preparation
- Represent Experiences at any regular or ad hoc meetings, as requested by EM.
- Assist with preparation of ad hoc reporting as required by hotel General Manager(s) and/or EM.
- To attend monthly team meetings and ensure required preparation completed in advance
- Work to achieve and exceed set budgets & KPIs (both individual and department)
- To follow training plans as set by EM and to support EM with training of new starts where required.
- To acquire regular customer feedback and use this where suitable to make improvements.
- Ensure all experience, packages & restaurant platforms are up to date, accurate, and all menus/information are updated and live.
- Constant review of systems and their suitability and feedback to EM with any improvements/efficiencies.
- Critically review processes and procedures on regular basis to ensure efficiency
- Be flexible in approach to work and assist when required with supporting other teams within the department e.g. Sales/Events & Groups when instructed to by EM.
- Support EM to create & maintain extensive list of experiential suppliers
- To work in conjunction with EM & Events & Groups Managers to ensure diary management and identify need periods.
- Ensure regular competitor intelligence is shared and brought to monthly meetings.
- Use Apex quoting tools, rate structures, experience viability form, briefing documents and displacement models when creating experiences to ensure profitability
- Creation of contracts for suppliers when instructed by EM
- Raising of purchase orders and keeping accurate records of payment schedules.
- Responsible for ensuring clients/supplier bills are accurate with all postings added before checking out the PM in line with department standards.
- To ensure payment terms are adhered to as per hotel SOP, with detailed monitoring of any credit terms.
- To take restaurant reservations across the portfolio for both individuals and groups and adhere to SOPs
- To ensure accurate client data and administration of all bookings in SCS, HMS, OpenTable and any other platforms which may be added to from time to time
- To establish a good working relationship both internally and externally with Hotel Operational teams and suppliers
- To ensure a pro-active approach is maintained for all enquiries, ensuring maximisation of potential sales opportunities through follow up, investigation and chases
- To communicate confirmed bookings to the Hotel Operational teams through various communication streams and ensure information passed over is accurate and the correct company and departmental standards are fully met prior to distribution of this information
- To produce and issue event information function sheets for each experience, for inclusion in the weekly business sheets communicated to the operations team in each hotel
- To liaise with clients on a regular basis to ensure successful conversion of enquiries
- To ensure a follow up calls takes place after each event, to confirm client satisfaction and encourage repeat business
- To up-sell on each booking thus securing additional revenue for Apex Hotels
- To complete daily/weekly/monthly duties as instructed by EM
- To anticipate guests needs to enhance service quality and therefore guest satisfaction
- To cross sell and refer all Apex Hotels where appropriate
- To carry out proactive sales calls as instructed by EM
- To ensure the highest standard of administration is carried out for each enquiry and booking
- To carry out competitor calls/research as instructed by EM
- To comply with all aspects of legislation in relation to Health and Safety and other legislation relevant to your department and role
- To be flexible in your approach to work and assist in other areas of the hotel if required
Key Skills / Entry Requirement:
Communication skills are essential for this role as you will be required to work closely with the Hotel operational teams as well as discussing each event with the client. To ensure the success of every event you will have a passion for delivering excellent customer service and be extremely organised. Absolute attention to detail, the ability to multi task and flexibility are required in response to changing client requests and the fast paced nature of the role.
- Excellent level of English - written and oral
- A Competent user of full Microsoft Office applications including Excel, word and database management
- Can demonstrate good organisational skills & attention to detail
- Can demonstrate a clear understanding of the need for confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Polite with Diplomatic skills
- Flexible approach
- Diligent with a pro-active approach
Why join Apex Hotels?
We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share.
With 10 four-star hotels throughout the UK, we like to think of our hotels as members of the family, each with their own personality and style. Although each of our hotels has its own character, whatever one our guests choose to stay at, they'll get a great night's sleep and a warm welcome. The key to it all is you, our employees.
We also offer great benefits which include:
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- 29 days holiday
- Access to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
- Discounted room rates
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Ongoing training and development
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!