At RBH we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
We have commenced our search for an experienced Executive Housekeeper to support the opening of the Westin London City Hotel & Residencies. Due to open in the summer of 2021 and reporting to the Hotel Manager you will liaise regularly with the hotel management company, hotel's executive, 3rd party suppliers and have full accountability for the operational side of the housekeeping department.
Key tasks include:
- To make sure all stocks are ordered, replenished and effectively controlled to ensure the hotel achieves the housekeeping budget
- To be aware of and analyse all forthcoming business on a regular basis, being aware of future business requirements and make plans accordingly
- To be responsible for the preparation of the departmental payroll forecast on a weekly basis, controlling payroll in line with budget
- To maximise the service provided by the housekeeping department to minimise the number of guest complaints concerning cleanliness
- To carry out full inspections of guest rooms monthly
- To be flexible to cover senior management / duty management shifts as required
- To utilise team members within the department to ensure that they are efficient and work flexibly to minimise payroll costs
- To ensure that a daily team briefing takes place at the start of each shift
- To establish and maintain standard operating procedures for the housekeeping department
- To be proactive with managing employee performance, taking informal and/or formal action as required at all times in conjunction with the HR policies and procedures
- To be fully aware of and adhere to health and safety regulations and promote a safe working environment at all times.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Ability to work alongside senior hotel leadership to deliver excellent guest satisfaction results.
- Previus extensive experience in similar senior branded hotel housekeeping roles, preferably in high-end 5* organisations.
- Experience in dealing with 3rd party outsourced labour.
N.B. we are expecting high volumes of applications for this role and additional screening questions have been included in the initial application process. We will not be accepting applications made by direct email, messages on LinkedIn or unsolicited CV's via recruiters/agency. We are also not in a position to sponsor employees on a Tier 2 working visa.
Where Will You Be Working?
The Westin London City Hotel & Residences will be a key part of the redevelopment of the former Queensbridge House site, as well as an independently operated destination restaurant. The site stretches from Queenhithe Dock - the oldest in London - and runs north to south, bridging across Upper Thames Street and giving it a prominent position over one of the primary arterial rotes through the City of London. Highly visible from the South Bank, the hotel will also benefit from panoramic views over the River Thames and will complete the northern riverbank walkway between the Tower of London and Millennium Bridge.
The hotel will be the first under Marriott's Westin brand in the UK. The hotel's 222 guest rooms, including 10 suites and Presidential Suite, are designed to offer guests a nature-inspired respite in the centre of a bustling city, expertly balancing a calming palette of natural colours with contrasting tones, textures and materials. The development also includes a fitness and leisure suite, conference facilities, plus a restaurant and wine bar with spectacular views over the River Thames.
The hotel will feature an indoor swimming pool, idyllic 375m² spa and WestinWORKOUT® fitness studio with state-of-the-art TRX® exercise equipment. In addition, 830m² of ultra-modern meeting and event space will be available, including a Junior Ballroom and four meeting rooms, as well as a 24-hour business centre.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because
- We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
- Our people are truly engaged at work
- There's open, clear communication from the top
- We've got great career development opportunities
- There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
- Everyday discounts from high street retailers
- Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
- Career opportunities, training and help with course fees
- Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
- Incentive programmes
- Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
- Free meals on duty
- Healthcare plans and Insurance plans (just in case)
The Bigger Picture
With a real focus on performance, people, quality, profit and communities at RBH we transform hotels.
RHB is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!