- Job Reference: 00002977-1
- Date Posted: 2 September 2021
- Recruiter: Blair Drummond Safari Park
- Location: Blair Drummond near Stirling, FK9 4UR
- Salary: On Application
- Bonus/Benefits: Up to £35,000
- Sector: Temp, Interim & Seasonal, Venue, Attraction, Travel and Entertainment, Tours and Visitor Attractions
- Job Type: Permanent
This is an exciting new role responsible for the ongoing development and successful delivery of a calendar of on-site events and activities at the Safari Park, in line with our business objectives for growth and excellent visitor satisfaction.
As Events Manager, you will report to the Head of Sales and Marketing and be part of the Sales and Marketing team.
• Implement and develop our existing programme of seasonal events at the Safari Park. Manage all aspects from planning, budgeting all aspects of event delivery, evaluation, and reporting.
• Plan and manage the successful delivery, promotion, and ongoing evaluation of regular events such as Members Evenings and other small events such as birthday parties.
• Be the primary point of contact for delivery of corporate and private functions at the Safari Park, ensuring the highest quality experience for clients.
• Setting, communicating, and maintaining timelines and priorities on every project
• Sourcing and negotiating terms with suitable suppliers and manging on-going supplier relationships.
• Duty manager for all events.
Our ideal candidate:
We are looking for an experienced event professional with exceptional organisational abilities and impeccable attention to detail. A team player - happy to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in, our ideal candidate will have significant experience working in a similar role and good links within the events industry and with suppliers.
We ask for the following skills and experience:
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Managerial role within a relevant industry, with proven success delivering large-scale events.
• Specific B2B experience with capabilities of running corporate events such as away days, conferences, and team building.
• Have an established network of trusted contacts and suppliers within the events industry.
• A track record of success in identifying opportunities for development within a large organisation and of taking new ideas through to fruition.
• Able to install confidence in key decision makers, and to lead stakeholders through all stages of event planning, delivery, and review.
• Able to develop project plans, to use project management tools and techniques (such as Gantt charts), and to evaluate success and prepare succinct reports
• Experience of managing large event budgets.
• Familiar with relevant H&S and license legislation
• Excellent written communication and presentation skills.