An opportunity has arisen to be a part of our dynamic and driven sales division, in the role of Event & Groups Manager, based in our London property.
As an Events & Groups Manager, you will demonstrate an exceptionally strong focus and drive to deliver and exceed revenue objectives. You will be responsible for the day to day management and supervision of the regionally based Groups & Events team. You will: effectively promote all the hotel's facilities and services to achieve the maximum sales revenue and client satisfaction for each event; ensure that each booking is handled efficiently from client enquiry through to arrival and departure; maintain accurate status and administration of all bookings in our property management system and communicate effectively with clients and Operations teams at each hotel ensuring the success of each event.
Joining the dedicated Events and Groups department, you will:
- Ensuring the team proactively sell and promote all of the Hotels and their facilities to achieve Events & Groups budgets for each hotel
- Assisting the Group Director of Sales, whilst working with the Revenue team and Hotel General Managers to agree Conference & Event budgets for each hotel
- Ensuring the department produces high quality booking detail and admin, allowing our Operations team to deliver excellence for our clients
- Working with the team to exceed department KPI and targets based upon net revenue, Conversion and Client Satisfaction
- Ensuring the required Revenue and Forecast reporting is produced on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Taking responsibility for customer satisfaction, recruitment, staff training, monitoring staff performance and increasing sales.
Key Skills / Entry Requirement:
You will be a true people person, dedicated to the development and growth of our people and our culture. Through your personal credibility you will naturally create, develop and sustain high trust relationships with all stakeholders. You will have a real passion for events, and you will have excellent attention to detail in order to provide consistent standards. You will be great at multi-tasking, you will be efficient at solving guest/client enquiries and all with a smile and infectious personality!
On your first day you will begin a 12 week learning journey, giving you the skills, knowledge and confidence to be a great Events & Groups Manager. With this in mind, we are looking for a someone who:
- Previous Hotel Event and/or Group rooms manager or assistant manager related experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Track record of working to high standard/attention to detail
- Previous experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Absolute attention to detail and flexibility are required in response to changing client requests
- Excellent sales techniques in order to maximise sales revenue
Why join Apex Hotels?
We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share.
With 10 four-star hotels throughout the UK, we like to think of our hotels as members of the family, each with their own personality and style. Although each of our hotels has its own character, whatever one our guests choose to stay at, they'll get a great night's sleep and a warm welcome. The key to it all is you, our employees.
We also offer great benefits which include:
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- 29 days holiday
- Access to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
- Discounted room rates
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Ongoing training and development
Putting your safety first
Apex Hotels have fully integrated all Covid19 measures into their properties to ensure peace of mind for all our Employees and Customers. You will be able to carry out your new role in a safe and clean environment with the additions of sanitiser, PPE requirements and distancing measures all as part of your daily routine.
Our recruitment process has been adapted to ensure we can hire safely while bringing in the best talent to join our Apex Family, so we have introduced video applications to give you the opportunity to let your personality shine through. Our interview process and Welcome Day induction process will be via Microsoft Teams, an online meeting channel, which you can access through your browser or its free to download the app on your laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!