Springboard UK is recruiting for an Employment Co-ordinator to join their team.
Springboard UK futureproofs the talent pipeline for hospitality by helping people to get sustained employment through their specialist careers advice and guidance, skills training, tailored employability support, dedicated after care and access to work placements, which launch people into future careers in the hospitality, leisure and tourism industries.
Springboard UK inspires younger people to explore careers in hospitality, giving them knowledge and skills, through their education programmes in schools, colleges and universities.
This charity champions and strengthens the hospitality industry, promoting it as a rewarding and worthwhile career path, collaborating with their business partners to attract and retain talent and equip hospitality businesses with hard-working, motivated and enthusiastic staff now and in the future.
As Employment Co-ordinator you will coordinate engagement with employers to secure work experience placements, guaranteed jobs interviews and a flow of job vacancies for the Charity’s trainees on its employability services. Supporting the work of the Careers Education & Employability Delivery Managers (CEEPDMs) throughout the UK and Ireland, your key action will be to engage with primarily national employers, and regional employers as required. You will also work closely with the Business Development Manager, passing forward contacts for potential Business Partnerships, while also coordinating the fulfilment of relevant elements of current Business Partnerships.
A day & month in the life of the Employment Co-ordinator ….
- Identifying new Hospitality, Leisure and Tourism job opportunities and employment trends, to in turn identify and establish national employer contacts
- Manage the jobs board facility across the UK & Ireland
- Plan jobs & work placements in line with the Programme of Works and other initiatives (Kickstart)
- Build close relationships with apprenticeship providers
- Filter down national contacts to regional, and provide contacts to the CEEPDMs
- Liaise with the Business Development Manager to pass on warm employer contacts for potential projects, sponsorship, and business partnerships
- Track, record, and report activity via the CRM system Salesforce
This job is for you if you have…
- Experience of cold calling and conversion
- A deep understanding and passion for the Hospitality, Leisure and Tourism industry
- Experience of managing clients
- Demonstrable experience of providing services to unemployed people of all ages
- Exceptional people & communication skills
- Excellent digital skills and experience (including CRM systems & digital platforms)
Ideally you will….
- Be passionate about helping others to move forward into employment and also supporting employers to attract new talent
- Be charismatic and inspirational
- Have the ability to work at a fast and flexible pace whilst juggling multiple projects and making competent decisions
- Be someone who shares their core values.