We are expanding the management team at the Alex and need a Duty Manager who can take responsibility for the meeting & events that happen on a daily basis. Whether it is a private lunch for 8 or a corporate event for 150, we need an experienced Manager who enjoys taking accountability for making the guests journey the very best that it can be.
You will manage a small team and ensure that every event runs smoothly - liasing with the Support office team who booked the event, to the Kitchen team who are catering the event and your own team who will be providing only the very best of service - all whilst under your instructions!
What we offer
As part of the O'Callaghan Collection, you will be working in 1 of 4 hotels in Dublin city centre which means lots of career development opportunities and in addition to that, we have some great benefits
- Keep fit with your free gym membership at The Mont
- Spoil your friends and family with discounts on F & B and overnight stays
- Get to work quickly amnd cheaply with the Bike to Work scheme or tax saver
- Enjoy your Birthday off each year - paid for by us!
- Developmetn programme to support your ambitions.
What we are looking for
- An experienced Manager who can effectively run a team to deliver great events
- Hotel experience in a management role
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure (and appear like a swan!!)
- Self motivated and able to work on your own initiative
- Flexibility with your working hours - the events happen at all times and you need to be there to see it through.
At The Alex, we have a team that cares about our customers and about each other, that show determination to always do their best, take accountability for their actions and take pride in their work and demonstrate a great pride in the hotel.
If you believe you have what it takes, apply today.
Make this the place to stay. For you and our guests.