Here at Apex Hotels, we offer unlimited opportunities for professional and personal growth, the unique privilege to be coached and mentored by some of the best professionals in the industry and an all-round warm and friendly work environment. It goes without saying that we also offer generous pay and benefits too.
We are looking for a passionate Duty Manager who is warm and friendly, has a can-do attitude and puts our guests at the heart of everything we do.
As Duty Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the team delivers an effective and enjoyable experience to all guests. You will assist in leading the reception team to deliver high levels of quality and act as the main point of contact for all hotel emergencies. Your responsibilities will include:
- Be present in lobby and reception during peak times and support your team
- Promote selling culture amongst the FO team, review results daily
- Lead reception team and porters to deliver exceptional arrival and departure experience, complete regular quality checks
- Monitor and maintain safe and secure working environment for all hotel colleagues and guests, resolve and report any issues
- Act on all guest feedback, positive and negative. Respond to Guest reviews and update guest profiles accordingly.
- Ensure all pre- and post stay communication is sent to applicable guests
- Ensure compliance with all Apex financial, privacy, data security and H&S procedures
- Maintain correct records & communications so they can be tracked effectively
- Proactively manage poor performance and act as a role model for your team
- Liase with Housekeeping management on daily basis to ensure outstanding guest experience
- Plan and communicate VIP arrivals to hotel team
- Walk about of the property and picking up on details which require attention as well as Health & Safety matters which need action.
You will be a strong manager, be well organised and be an excellent communicator. You will be able to demonstrate a customer focused attitude and have a flexible approach towards your duties and responsibilities. As a point of contact for our guests you will be well presented and have a positive can-do attitude.
You'll already have hotel front office experience and have worked at a supervisory or management level with experience of managing emergency situations.
Why join Apex Hotels?
With a dynamic environment, warm and welcoming people, great career opportunities, this is one job where you'll look forward to coming to work. We also offer great benefits which include:?
- Free gym membership
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Apex employee app to keep you up-to-date with what's happening in your hotel and across the company
- Referral bonus when your friends join the team
- Discounted room rates - visit our hotels in Scotland and Bath for just £50 per night
- Help to buy a bike
- Ongoing training and development
- Employee of the Month and Awards Ceremony to celebrate your achievements
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Access to legal and financial advice
- Critical illness cover
About Apex Hotels
Apex Hotels is a stylish and contemporary collection of family owned 4* boutique hotels based in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Dundee, London and Bath. Each hotel has its own unique character, but one thing's for certain, we pride ourselves on delivering a Warmer Welcome to all our guests, no matter which hotel they choose to stay in.
If you'd like to join us as a Duty Manager, then please click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!