We Welcome Happy #happyistheplacetobe
We have a great opportunity for a Doorman/ Luggage porter to join the group at Jurys Inn.
We are recruiting for a Doorman/Luggage porter to join our great team. We are looking for an enthusiastic, genuine and friendly person who really enjoys working in hotels and wants to provide great hospitality to our guests, contributing to them having a Happy stay with us.
LEONARDO HOTELS is the European division of Fattal Hotels Group, founded by David Fattal in Israel. The Leonardo Hotels are present in Israel and Europe with over 120 hotels in more than 50 destinations. With more than 80 hotels in more than 40 destinations Leonardo Hotels is active on the European market since 2006, established in the 3-4 star superior category as well as equal level. Currently spanning Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands, England, Scotland, Spain, Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary as well as Italy, the hotel group with its 14,000+ rooms and over 25,000 m² of conference space offers places of well-being, that are characterised by their own regional character, local flair and their own design identity, addressing all individual needs. All according to the company's credo of feeling good, providing 100% guest satisfaction. The company management for Europe is based in Berlin. The Leonardo Hotels umbrella brand is complemented by the Leonardo Hotels, Leonardo Royal Hotels, Leonardo Boutique Hotels and NYX Hotels brands.
Leonardo Hotels is committed to promoting junior talent and developing professional and managerial staff. The proprietary Leonardo Academy gives 2,700 members of staff the opportunity to grow their personal skills in development programmes.
To support our Front Office Team we are looking for a Concierge.
You will be required to complete the following job duties:
- Meets and greets guests on arrival and in-house guests
- Builds relationship with guests to delight and gain loyalty.
- To use proper greetings at all times
- Always take the opportunity to exceed our customer expectations
- To ensure all key service standards are kept to the highest level delivered with consistency
Leadership / People Management
- To deputise in the absence of the Luggage porter/Concierge.
- To be a leader in participating in any activities/programs organized by the department or the management i.e. environmental programs.
- Be a leader in learning new things that come for career improvement
- Be committed in all things promised
- To be a role model for the department
- Make customer delight the main objective each day
- Always contributes ideas and constantly promotes teamwork
- Ensures a strong follow-up and proper hand over of information at all times
- To be a constant learner and always willing to try new ideas
- Constantly supports and reviews the current procedures and practices to ensure a high level of customer and owner satisfaction
- Operational Processes/ Administration
- Supervises the Concierge operation and work flow to maximize guest's satisfaction.
- Identifies staff training requirements and service improvements areas.
- Supervises and guides all staff to ensure that hotel's policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Creates a positive and highly motivated working environment that promotes and develops teamwork.
- Utilizes and develops communication tools and channels for the dissemination of information and workflow in the section.
- Ensure all guests requests are handled quickly and efficiently.
- Is fully aware of all the activities taking place in the hotel, e.g. function, VIP/group arrivals and departures.
- Coordinates all luggage deliveries and collections.
- Is responsible for receipt, storage and shipment of luggage and packages for guests.
- Arranges for outside errands for guests such as pick-up/delivery of packages, passport formalities and re-validation of air-tickets.
- Arranges transportation for guests' arrivals and departures.
- Ensures driveway orderliness and manages the flow of traffic in the driveway.
- Ensure that all equipment is properly cleaned and maintained.
Safety and Security
- Ensures the highest level of safety and security by facilitating effective training programmes that delivers a high degree of awareness amongst staff.
- To engage with all those approach the hotel giving eye contact, a smile and offer greetings in a welcoming manner.
- Dynamically assess all those who approach the hotel in order to ascertain if those who are approaching are bone fide visitors or guests
- To take part in the screening of luggage and hand carried bags using appropriate tools such as visual check, X Ray cabinet & Morpho machine. The level of scrutiny will be subject to our appropriate operating alert levels.
- Report all suspicious behaviour to the Security Department and other relevant colleagues.
- Deter as far as is reasonably possibly those who are not desirable to the hotel without placing him/ herself in danger.
- Environmental Responsibility
- Ensures that the environmental initiatives are adhered to in the section and participates in community activities and programmes.