WE ARE REBRANDING! Jurys Inn Brighton Waterfront will become Leonardo Royal Brighton Waterfront later this year
Could you take charge of F&B and make it run like clockwork? Would you know how to lead up a team of 20 plus people? If so, we'd like you to be part of a team that's happy to be here at Jurys Inn & Leonardo Hotels - and that's according to what our teams tell us!
At Jurys Inn & Leonardo Hotels our fantastic people make sure that every stay is extra-special. Taking care of our brilliant team is one of our biggest priorities so that they can look after our customers. If you share our values - friendly, genuine, positive, willing and consistent - you can expect everything from a career with real prospects to big discounts at our hotels!
As the Director of F&B you will lead and inspire your team to optimise F&B sales, profitability and guest service. You will have a structured approach with appropriate focus on compliance with relevant company polices, standards and employment principles. You will look after the strategic planning of all retail (food and beverage) for the hotel.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Competitor activity and market trends which may impact our operation and make suggestions to evolve / keep ahead of the curve'.
- Taking Ownership of the day to day delivery of consistent and exceptional product quality and service standards to achieve and ideally exceed department targets and grow our reputation for celebrated customer experiences
- Oversee and ensure that all services within remit are ready for operation at specific time and to the agreed standard.
- Drive our guest focus culture through consistently demonstrating an in-depth knowledge and appreciation of hospitality standards and client needs that is infections throughout your team.
- Brand, operate and further develop consistently high brand standards within F&B area.
- Champion the guest focused culture, continually sharing and acting on customer feedback
- Work closely with the management team to develop and sustain a high level of team energy and engagement, focused on great food and hospitality
- Conduct regular performance reviews and talent management / succession planning activity, based on agreed and measurable KPI's. Oversee and drive the training plan and activity with your team
- Recognise and celebrate success.
- HR compliance, work closely with the HR team to ensure complete and consistently effective adherence to all legal obligations
- Financially accountable for all restaurant and bar costs and profitability of these areas.
- Frequent review of performance statistics to identify opportunities for growth/ remedial actions, with tactical plans in place to address
- Product development - Liaising with culinary and marketing specialist colleagues to implement continuous product development and drive increased spend per transaction.
What we are looking for
- Exudes confidence, energy and charisma
- Naturally confident leader, with management experience to inspire operational teams to deliver results
- Positive and passionate focus on food - a natural flare for hospitality
- Experienced in leading the implementation of projects and change programmes
- Comfortable working within brand guidelines to deliver results
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - able to influence all stakeholder levels
- Previous P&L accountability and evidence of commercial acumen; entrepreneurial spirit
- Can effectively switch between being the leader and a team player according to the situation at hand
- Structured approach but also demonstrates flexibility and agility
- Calm and resilient - Not deterred by an' unforeseen challenge'
- Strong problem solving skills
- Willing to work evenings and weekends as required
Attributes / Experience
- Must have experience in a similar role (min 5 years' experience at F&B management level) and demonstrated business/industry awareness
- Ability to work under pressure and make sound decisions in fast-paced environment
- Standard driven and detail-oriented with the ability to meet financial targets, organise and plan ahead
- Ability to plan, prioritize and multi-task
- Coaching skills
- Positive can do attitude
- Desire and ability to develop others
What to expect:
- The opportunity to work for a well-respected brand where people development is at the heart of our culture.
- Leo Points - we reward your performance with points, and what does points make .PRIZES. Whether its love to shop vouchers or that well deserved day off, you choose!
- Stay at one of our Jurys Inn or Leonardo Hotels UK for a hugely discounted rate and get a reduced rate for friends and family if they want to stay too.
- Employee of the month earning you a little bonus and fame for that entire month.
- An array of learning courses in which you can attend - the sky is the limit with your development with us, we nourish your skills and talents to develop leaders of the future.
- Earn yourself thousands by referring a friend to work with us.
- Meals on duty.
- We have many locations in the UK and Ireland which means if you want to develop or just fancy a change of scenery, we can help you to move.
- Company Pension Scheme, Life assurance & Wellbeing support.
- We help and support our local communities with lots of Charity Events throughout the year.