Director of Digital Marketing & Comms
To suppress free speech is a double wrong. It violates the rights of the hearer as well as those of the speaker. - Sir Frederick Gentle
At the Fellows House, we want to offer everyone who walks through our doors an amazing experience. We offer a very personal blend of empowerment, enlightenment, and engagement and seek the remarkable in the everyday and everything that goes into this most unique Hotel.
Most of all we seek exceptional people who embody our Cultured, Devoted and People Centred Values. The brightest and best Cambridge has to offer.
You have a passion and devotion to problem solving adapting and providing innovative solutions for the challenges you face every day. You are persistent, curious, have a love of learning and are eager to apply your expertise to your digital creations. You have great leadership and communication skills and are willing to instil your knowledge on to your team. With your excellent business acumen and analytic skills, you provide the digital audience a glimpse of the amazing experience the Fellows House will offer its guests.
You will take lead on digital marketing and communications at The Fellows House driving forward innovative and creative digital content with consistent messaging. You implement and direct the marketing strategy guiding guest and team member engagement through internal and external communications. You will deliver engaging campaigns that capture the hearts and minds of our guests and team member as well as the local communities and external stakeholders. You will be responsible for website and social media content and web maintenance ensuring our website enables our strategy to be and the hotel of choice in Cambridge.
- You will define and deliver the digital marketing strategy for the Hotel
- As the digital marketing expert, you will help the wider team to broaden their knowledge of digital marketing and act as a coach and mentor for the Hotel, embracing the Fellows House values and culture in every digital marketing campaign.
- Responsible for owning and developing all digital corporate channels both internal and external.
- To drive forward innovative and creative digital content approaches linked to corporate objectives and the achievement driving occupancy, rate and team member engagement through digital external and internal comms.
- Identify current and future trends to ensure that the digital marketing strategy is fresh by staying up to date with the latest innovations, technologies, changes in competition, and shifts in the digital landscape. Translate these insights into commercial opportunities and future strategy
- Lead digital innovation projects, and pioneer new ways to engage with customers digitally
- To be responsible for the management of the external website and intranet, ensuring that our services, comms and branding is ahead of our competitors.
- To make sure the company's online presence uses Search Engine Optimisation processes to maximise website traffic and inbound sales opportunities.
- To maintain and enhance a strong knowledge of the sector and the local markets in which our hotel operates.
- UK citizen or valid work permit
- Proficient numeracy and literacy skills
- 3 years previous experience in a senior digital marketing role and team management
- Cambridge based preference as well as digital university background knowledge would lead as a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of training and engagement
- Proven experience to build and manage third party relationships
- Experience of designing content for marketing campaigns that have achieved corporate and financial objectives.
- Proven track record of delivering and managing multi-channel marketing campaigns.
- An understanding and implementation of search engine optimisation (SEO) techniques.
- Experienced user of Google Analytics and ability to provide compelling insights from data.
- An understanding of how websites are developed and optimised.
- Web design and development skills, web editorial ability to include writing for the web.
We believe in being our best and true selves every single day and delivering the most refined experiences possible. We believe in always having good manners and being polite. We never let our high standards slip, have impeccable taste and an eye for detail. We have a deep love and respect for all cultures and cultural pursuits.
We are wholly committed to creating perfect experiences for our guests and teams alike. We are trustworthy and fiercely loyal. Everything we do is fuelled by passion. Passion for excellence. Passion for making the world a better and more interesting place. Passion for sharing wisdom. Passion for supporting each other to be the best we can be.
We believe in understanding and engaging with everyone on a human level. We recognise that everyone deserves to be appreciated for the genuine person they are with unique needs, desires, tastes, and preferences.
Benefits of working at The Fellows House:
- Comprehensive salary package
- Access to GO Hilton Travel Programme - stay in Hilton Hotels around the world for as little as 35$.
- 50% F&B Discount when staying in Hilton Hotels through the Go Hilton Travel Programme
- Staff meals and hot drinks on shift
- Career Development
- Extensive learning & development opportunities
In exchange for your efforts and dedication we offer a fantastic place to work, an opportunity to shape the culture of a new hotel and a comprehensive benefits package. If you wish to be considered for this superb opportunity click 'apply'.