We have a unique opportunity for a Dinner Manager to join our Cameron Grill 2 AA Rosette restaurant.
Magnificent and uniquely inspirational. Cameron House, a 5 star resort nestled on the world-famous bonnie banks of Loch Lomond has reopened following a multi-million pound restoration. Located where the Scottish Highlands meet the Lowlands, the 17th century Baronial estate where Cameron House resides is rich in character and history. With an award-winning Spa with rooftop infinity pool, an 18-hole championship golf course, an extensive array of resort activities, and a choice of six restaurants and five bars that will cater to everyone.
The iconic lochside setting is impressive in its grandeur, celebrated and treasured. Set within 400 acres of beautiful Scottish countryside, adventure is on your doorstep, with Loch Lomond providing the perfect location for water sports and land activities, including speedboat tours, paddle boarding, canoeing and kayaking, 4X4 off-road driving, falconry and more.
Add all the above together, and we have something very special; all that's missing could be you.
THE ROLE - Dinner Manager Cameron Grill
With ambition to be the best Grill Restaurant in Scotland, Cameron Grill sits in the heart of Cameron House with wonderful views across Loch Lomond. This setting is intimate, elegant and welcoming, whilst accommodating 180 covers.
The scope of your role is to support the Restaurant Manager to manage your large team in the confident, friendly, and knowledgeable delivery of classical grill A la Carte and TDH menus which focus on local ingredients. Table side theatre and sommelier service delivered with flair will ensure Cameron Grill's prominent role in delivering our vision to be Scotland's leading 5* resort.
Key things you will be responsible for:
Hosting your day-to-day operation, being present and accessible to guests and your team
Maintaining the presentation and cleanliness of your restaurant
Managing consistent delivery of exceptional 5 Red Star guest service standards
Driving first Class knowledge of all resort facilities through your team
Kitchen liaison, hosting the door and working the pass
Managing the delivery of gueridon and classical techniques at the table supported by sommelier service
Overseeing payments, end of day reports and banking, and service debriefs
Effective handling, resolve and operational follow up of guest feedback
Host team briefings/ debriefings and monthly team meetings to ensure employee satisfaction
Ensure In Room Dinning During the Dinner Service operates smoothly and with the agreed departmental objectives liaising with the in room dining supervisors and team to ensure guests satisfaction.
Ensure that the 2 week departmental training is delivered and all new starts are appointed a buddy.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We recruit people with widely varying personalities from different walks of life and backgrounds. While we don't have a typical' employee, there are some specific qualities or traits we look for.
- People who want to achieve great things - your interest in us suggests you have the ambition, drive and determination to meet challenges head on.
- People who are naturally friendly - who genuinely care about our guests and the service they receive.
- People who will always go beyond what our guests expect from us to make their stay a special and memorable one.
- People who show the same level of care for their team, as our guests - It's about supporting our colleagues to be the best they can be and to do the best job they can.
- People who will respect and protect the magical place we work in - it's up to all of us to look after our environment and never take it for granted.
TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
- Degree/HND in Hospitality, Leisure or Business related field or equivalent hospitality experience
- Current or recent experience of working as a Senior Supervisor or Manager or assistant restaurant manager in a quality environment
- Wine knowledge (WSET level 2 or equivalent an advantage)
- Ability to quickly build excellent working relationships
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Competence in IT, with knowledge of Office software and ability to use technology (we use systems such as Resdiary, Resort Suite, Fourth Hospitality, Procure Wizard and Recruitgenie)
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
At Cameron House we can offer fully funded, work-based training and development. Everything from apprenticeships, structured work experience in other businesses and supported scholarships through to graduate programmes, specialist craft training, and formal qualifications up to HND and Degree level.
We offer a generous range of employee benefits and, given what we do and where we are, you'll have plenty of opportunity to make the most of our own five-star facilities. Here's what to expect:
- Free meals when on duty, in our team cafes
- Pension scheme and Wagestream financial services
- Long service awards involving recognition with high street shopping vouchers and overnight stays
- Enhanced holidays with long service
- Free Leisure Club Membership, with friends and family discounts.
- Employee care service, offering lifestyle and wellbeing support and counselling via a confidential helpline
- On-site discounts on Cameron House and Cameron Lodges accommodation, 50% off food and beverages, golf membership, spa treatments, Celtic Warrior cruises, outdoor activities, retail products and cinema tickets
- Supplier and local business discounts
- Free parking
And while Cameron House itself offers a huge range of activities across 400 acres of Scottish countryside, there's also the wider Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park on your doorstep - just waiting to be explored in your free time.