We have a great new opportunity for a Development Manager to join our team at Jurys Inn & Leonardo Hotels, reporting to the Head of Development. The key focus of this role will be to advance our rapidly-expanding hotel portfolio in the UK & Ireland by executing property acquisitions. Our amazing team at Jurys Inn & Leonardo Hotels is just one of the things that makes this such a great place to work; we strive to support our teams in all aspects of their employment and wellbeing.
This role will require extensive travel throughout the UK and Ireland, however when you are not travelling you will have an office base within one of our hotels and the opportunity for hybrid working. We are flexible on base location and this can be discussed at interview.
Why come and work with us:
Jurys Inns & Leonardo Hotels have over 50 hotels across the UK and Ireland; this is an exciting time to be joining us as we continue to increase our portfolio of hotels. You will receive practical training, development and clear progression within a dynamic and rapidly expanding company.
Here are some of the role's key responsibilities:
- Sourcing acquisition opportunities of appropriate existing hotels and aparthotels that will complement our existing portfolio
- Site finding (including buildings for adaptive re-use) for hotel development
- End to end deal negotiation: deal origination through to execution/signing
- Financial modelling: P&L and cash flow appraisal to ensure all deals deliver the required financial return to the group
- Preparing board papers appraising opportunities and providing recommendations to the board on how they should proceed
- Carrying out due diligence for acquisitions
- Management of Virtual Data Sites (VDR) for acquisitions
- Collaborating with other key internal stakeholders, most notably the Finance and Technical/Construction teams
Our ideal Development Manager will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role encompassing site-finding and hotel-related development
- Proven record of deal-making, and strong negotiation skills
- An existing network of contacts in the development and investment sectors
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively manage key relationships at all levels
- Ability to travel throughout the UK and Ireland on a regular basis
- An understanding of hotel operations (desirable)
- A higher education qualification in a property-related course (desirable)
- RICS qualification (desirable)
Some of the great benefits of working for us include:
- Earn thousands by referring a friend to work with us
- Stay at one of our Jurys Inn or Leonardo Hotels UK for a hugely discounted rate and get a reduced rate for friends and family if they want to stay too
- Company Pension Scheme, Life assurance & Wellbeing support
- 28 days' holiday entitlement including bank holidays, increasing with service to a maximum of 33 days (we even offer Wedding Leave too)
- An array of learning courses which you can attend; the sky is the limit with your development with us, we nourish your skills and talents to develop leaders of the future
- Happy Rewards - earn performance based points and use them towards a gift for yourself, or even that well deserved day off!
- Employee of the Month earning you a little bonus and fame for that entire month
- Monthly / Quarterly engagement activities - we like to have fun while working hard
- Annual Charity Event Day - we help and support our communities
Here at Jurys Inn & Leonardo Hotels we're operating over 50 hotels across the UK and Ireland. All careers within our hotels offer customer interaction, a great deal of variety and a fun and friendly working environment. We strive to make all of our hotels great places to work, and get our teams involved in activities such as summer barbecues, Christmas parties, Thank You Week and birthday celebrations!
And our vision is very simple: we aim to exceed our guests' expectations by delivering outstanding results through exceptional people.