At RBH we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
The Holiday Inn Express London Southwark is a 148 bedroom hotel, who is now looking to recruit a Deputy General Mananger. Reporting to the General Manager, you will have a strong focus on the delivery of exceptional guest care in a branded environment as well as the commercial performance of the business.
The Deputy General Manager is responsible for managing and maintaining a safe and secure environment for guests, employees and hotel assets by maintaining the hotel safety policies and procedures and is responsible for all operational departments of the hotel so must be multi-skilled in dealing with these and other hotel operational areas as required.
What Are We Looking For?
We are looking for an individual who is a genuine all-rounder operationally, has a background in branded hotels and can lead a team of HOD's with both commercial awareness and a guest focused attitude.
- Assist General Manager in the development, implementation and monitoring of financial and operational plans for the hotel. Provide regular direction and manage hotel operations for all departments.
- Monitor and report variances against budget and control labour costs and other expenses.
- Foster positive owner relationships if applicable and assist in providing ongoing information and status reports.
- Lead the guest experience through training and development of the team and the operational procedures.
- Ensure all operating costs are in line with forecast sales and control procedures are in line with Company, legal and hotel standards.
- Ensure all financial targets set are strived to be achieved and any shortfalls are investigated and the relevant remedial action taken.
- To have a high-profile presence within the operation, managing and motivating the team to ensure they operate to the highest quality standards of product and service.
- Managing the team to achieve the IHG Brand standards.
- To adhere to all Covid-19 policies and procedures.
- Oversee internal and brand training.
- Undertake and cost monthly Hotel rota's.
- Adhere to Company Health and Safety policies.
- Manage day-to-day operational activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict, improve team member performance, and recognise good performance.
- Educate, train and motivate hotel staff to achieve hotel revenue goals. Ensure staff has the information, market data, tools and equipment to successfully carry out job duties.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations and assignments of the hotel staff; assist the General Manager in the development and communication of departmental strategies and goals. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other shifts and departmental management.
- Encourage efficient and effective inter-departmental communication in order to promote a climate of teamwork and motivation.
- Establish and implement appropriate service recovery guidelines in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. Respond to guest complaints or concerns in a prompt and professional manner.
- Review guest feedback and implement strategies for continuous improvement.
- Communicate to appropriate departments all pertinent information requirements and special needs for arriving VIP's, large groups, and other key guests.
- Lead marketing efforts to upsell guests on hotel services, offerings, and amenities.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, team members and hotel assets in compliance with the hotel's policies and procedures and regulatory requirements. Maintain relations with outside contacts.
- Comply with state and local laws regarding health, safety and alcohol services.
- Maintain a focus and commitment to operating a green hotel.
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
- Complete monthly Food Hygiene audits to ensure cleanliness and HACCAP systems adherence.
- Drive Health & Safety among the operational departments to achieve positive Health & Safety audits.
- Ensure compliance with Legal, Government and Company Policies relating to, Fire, Health and Safety procedures and ensure team are fully conversant with their responsibilities also.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Ideally you will need experience of working as a Deputy Manager or Senior HOD within a branded hotel or experience in a multi departmental role.
- Strong knowledge of the Front office operations is key for this role alongside a passion for the industry with a keen desire to improve the operation of the hotel. Expertise in Brilliant PMS will be added advantage.
- You will need to possess excellent organisation and time management skills with an eye for detail and the ability to use own initiative.
- The ideal candidate will be able to work well under pressure whilst maintaining a positive, can do attitude and be highly motivated with a drive to succeed to be the best.
- Customer focused with a commitment to delivering exceptional levels of guest service.
- It is essential that you are fully IT literate.
- This role requires flexibility with regards to working hours and willingness to work weekend, if necessary.
Where Will You Be Working?
Holiday Inn Express Southwark is situated in the heart of Central London, just south of the Thames and less than 10 minutes' walk from both the Tate Modern art gallery and Shakespeare's Globe. The hotel is a quick walk from Southwark and Blackfriars Tube Stations, so you can hop on public transport for easy access to the rest of the city. We pride ourselves on investing on our people and delivering outstanding customer service.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because
- We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
- Our people are truly engaged at work
- There's open, clear communication from the top
- We've got great career development opportunities
- There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will have access to a benefits package that includes;
- Everyday discounts from high street retailers
- Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
- Career opportunities, training and help with course fees
- Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
- Incentive programmes
- Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
- Healthcare plans and Insurance plans (just in case)
The Bigger Picture
With a real focus on performance, people, quality, profit and communities at RBH we transform hotels.
RBH is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!