Our vision is to have each departing guest planning their next visit before they leave Thainstone House.
We're looking for a dedicated professional to join our team as Deputy General Manager. You'll need to have held a senior management position at a quality hotel, and have either a Management degree or equivalent industry experience. A good knowledge of PMS/POS systems is also important. It's a full-time role, which requires flexible working, including at weekends.
A confident communicator, you'll work effectively with all the hotel's departments to anticipate our guests' needs and consistently deliver excellent service. With excellent personal presentation, you'll need to be able to stay calm while multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
With overall responsibility for all departmental operations, you'll work closely with the General Manager deputising in their absence, to achieve the hotel's vision and strategy. Financially aware, you'll contribute to budget and P&L reviews and will take responsibility for stock yield and management. You'll also deal with guests' enquiries and requests, and pass them to other members of staff and management if necessary. And you'll use your detailed knowledgeable of all of the hotel's amenities to upsell'.
Your remit also includes training and developing other members of the team.
What we need from you
- Management degree, or equivalent industry experience
- Experience of working in a senior management position within a quality hotel environment
- An excellent knowledge of F&B and Rooms Operations
- Passion for creating great guest and colleague expereinces.
- Flexible working, including at weekends
- Excellent personal presentation
What we offer
- Staff uniform
- Flexible working pattern over 7 days
- Competitive salary
- Live-in accommodation if required / Staff meals
- Entry to our employee Fair Fund
- Discounted rates across our group of hotels