We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Governance Manager to join our recently established Data & Analytics team. In this newly created position, you will play a key role in delivering our data governance roadmap, improving data quality and making Apex Hotels a truly data-driven organisation.
As part of the Data & Analytics team, you will:
- Manage and deliver a programme of change to embed Data Governance within Apex Hotels' processes and culture.
- Support the enterprise data literacy programme by developing and delivering training materials to key data stakeholders, including helping Data Owners/Stewards to understand their role and responsibilities.
- Work closely with Data Owners/Stewards to:
- Document and audit As-Is and develop To-Be business process maps, identifying gaps and providing recommendations for improvement.
- Develop, implement and maintain data quality standards, policies, processes and controls.
- Develop Data Governance KPIs covering data quality, process adherence, organisational effectiveness, culture and data literacy.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of enterprise data flow maps and a complete conceptual view of systems architecture.
- Support change management activities, including helping Data Owners/Stewards to identify change, assess the impact, and communicate with others in accordance with a RACI matrix.
- Work closely with the Senior BI Developer to complete day-to-day monitoring of Data Governance KPIs, and with Data Owners/Stewards to develop solutions to remediate and prevent the recurrence of any issues identified.
- Chair Data Governance meetings and work closely with Risk & Compliance and IT to ensure that data risks and issues are appropriately mitigated or escalated in accordance with tolerable risk levels.
- Act as a trusted business partner on key data-related projects, providing critical advice and expertise to ensure that the principles of the Data Governance Framework are applied right first time.
Key Skills / Entry Requirement:
You will have excellent attention to detail in order to provide consistent standards.
- Experience of previously working in a data management or governance role.
- Passionate about the impact of treating data as a strategic business asset.
- High data literacy, including knowledge of topics such as Data Governance, Master Data Management, Metadata Management, Data Quality Management, Data Modelling and Enterprise, Business & Data Architecture.
- Ability to actively lead people through change, influence others, work collaboratively, and build meaningful relationships with a wide range of business partners, including Executive leadership.
- Experience of Agile project or programme management, with an ability to remain focussed on the big-picture , prioritise tasks, meet deadlines, and adapt to change.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including an ability to find creative and practical solutions to complex and challenging issues.
- Experience of business process and data flow mapping, and of designing and implementing process improvements.
- Experience of writing, designing and implementing policy and procedures.
Why join Apex Hotels?
We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share.
With 10 four-star hotels throughout the UK, we like to think of our hotels as members of the family, each with their own personality and style. Although each of our hotels has its own character, whatever one our guests choose to stay at, they'll get a great night's sleep and a warm welcome. The key to it all is you, our employees.
We also offer great benefits which include:
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- 29 days holiday
- Access to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
- Discounted room rates
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Ongoing training and development
Putting your safety first
Apex Hotels have fully integrated all Covid19 measures into their properties to ensure peace of mind for all our Employees and Customers. You will be able to carry out your new role in a safe and clean environment with the additions of sanitiser, PPE requirements and distancing measures all as part of your daily routine.
Our recruitment process has been adapted to ensure we can hire safely while bringing in the best talent to join our Apex Family, so we have introduced video applications to give you the opportunity to let your personality shine through. Our interview process and Welcome Day induction process will be via Microsoft Teams, an online meeting channel, which you can access through your browser or its free to download the app on your laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!