The role of Content Executive
We are recruiting a Content Executive to join our Commercial Team. We are looking for candidates with a creative mind, excellent copywriting skills and a keen interest in the social media landscape. At the moment the role will be working from home in line with government guidelines, but as soon as restrictions allow, access to a Head Office in Edinburgh will be available.
The Content Executive will work closely with the Guest Engagement and Content Manager and other Commercial team members, on all campaigns. The primary focus of the role will be supporting brand campaigns by creating and publishing content for a range of digital media channels. Responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with the content team to create engaging, shareable content to be posted across a range of different social media, email and digital platforms
- Day to day management of the brand's social media channels, creating, scheduling, and monitoring content, and engaging with customers
- When restrictions allow reasonably frequent travel to the various Apex Hotels, connecting with local hotel teams, partners and stakeholders to create original content of the highest quality
- Keeping on top of consumer trends and maximizing opportunities for content creation
- Updating and managing content on online listings
- Working closely with our graphic designer on content briefs
- Assisting the wider marketing team
- Excellent research, copywriting and proof-reading skills
- Experience of using social media management platforms
- Track record of creating exciting and engaging content for a range of social media channels, with an intuitive grasp of how to maximise engagement, engage with followers and keep on top of emerging trends
- Experience in creating basic video content and other rich media for a range of platforms
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently, keeping to deadlines
- A thorough understanding of current social media landscape and the type of content that performs well on different platforms
- A genuine passion for the tourism industry and an interest in travel
- Knowledge of a CMS and an email management platform
- Experience in a similar marketing role or work experience/internship
Why join Apex Hotels?
We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share.
With 10 four-star hotels throughout the UK, we like to think of our hotels as members of the family, each with their own personality and style. Although each of our hotels has its own character, whatever one our guests choose to stay at, they'll get a great night's sleep and a warm welcome. The key to it all is you, our employees.
We also offer great benefits which include:
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- 29 days holiday
- Access to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
- Discounted room rates
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Ongoing training and development
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!