We Welcome Happy #happyistheplacetobe
Jurys Inns & Leonardo Hotels UK and Ireland, we are recruiting for a Conference and Banqueting Assistant to join our great team in Conference and Banqueting. We are looking for an enthusiastic, genuine and friendly person who really enjoys working in hotels and wants to provide great hospitality to our guests, contributing to them having a Happy stay with us.
As a Conference and Banqueting Assistant
We want you to be part of a great and diverse team working together to provide great hospitality to our guests in the M and E department. We set high standards for ourselves so that we can surprise and delight our customers and deliver a great experience.
What we want you to -
- Be Self-motivated as you will on occasion be working alone to meet your productivity and standard targets.
- Flexible - to enjoy working different shift patterns and seeing the operation on different days of the week including the weekends
- Be standards driven to meet the cleanliness levels required.
- Have good people skills - to greet guests that you see and to work well in a team during large events- we want work to be fun for all of our employees
The job -
- To set-up, service/refresh and clear meeting rooms as required by the function sheets, to the required hotel standard
- Carrying and safe storage of tables, chairs and other equipment where required.
- To serve all tea and coffee, buffets, light refreshments and other food and beverage as per the function sheets and to the required hotel standard - ensuring the highest standards of presentation and cleanliness.
- To assist in the set up and running of banquets and functions
- To meet and greet organisers in a warm and friendly way and maintain contact with them throughout the event.
- To ensure that all Meetings and Events areas are kept clean, tidy and efficiently organised and stocked, including storage areas.
- To ensure that all customer requests and queries are responded to promptly and effectively
- To deal with guest complaints in a friendly and efficient manner, ensuring guest satisfaction at all times.
- To participate in training and want to be the best you can be in your role- there is a huge amount of training available to you if you want to build a career.
Why come and work for us - to receive practical training, development and progression within a dynamic and rapidly expanding company. If you want a career in Hospitality then look no further, we have great programs to support your development towards a long and successful career.
Some of the great benefits of working for us include:
- Varied and interesting work- no day is the same at Jurys Inn
- Flexible working hours- shift working is what we do but not split shifts - we want you to have a work-life balance too
- Having the chance to work with and around friendly people - we have a great culture with employee satisfaction at 83.3% (2016 result)
- Birthday cards every year- we celebrate everything
- The opportunity to work for a well respected brand where people development is at the heart of our culture
- Lots of locations in the UK and Ireland which mean that if you want to develop or just fancy a change of scene, we can help you to move and provide relocation support
- A smart Uniform
- Meals on duty
- Monthly engagement activities- we like to have fun while working hard
- Annual Charity Event Day- we help and support our communities
- So many training courses that your brain may not be able to squeeze them all in
- Employee of the month earning you a little bonus and fame for the month.
- Happy Rewards - earn points and claim them back on gifts that you want
- Stay at one of our hotels for a hugely discounted rate and get a reduced rate for friends and family if they want to stay too.
- 28 days holiday entitlement including bank holidays, increasing with service to a maximum of 33 days
- Sensible benefits that could save you money -Pension Scheme, Life assurance, wellbeing support, wedding leave, Christmas savings scheme, etc