At Holiday Inn Brentford Lock we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
Nestled overlooking the scenic waterways of the Grand Union Canal, this four-star hotel is located in west London and has been created for comfort and style and offers a warm and welcoming service to all guests. We have 133 en-suite bedrooms, 6 modern meeting rooms and the largest banquet facilities in our portfolio with 12,500 sq. ft. It is the first in Europe to have a revolutionary open lobby concept.
With good transports link, the hotel can be easily accessed by public transport. Brentford train station is about 10 minutes' walk to the hotel. Our employees have been playing a tremendous part in the hotel and our team success, from our employee engagement being above 89%.
The Exciting Opportunity
The position of Conference and Event Operations Supervisor has become available at Holiday Inn Brentford Lock. Reporting into the Deputy General Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Having a strong presence on the floor in both meeting/conferences and weddings.
- Ensuring smooth and efficient running of events being the first point of contact for the clients.
- Forward planning to ensure rooms are set and prepared for future events.
- By building and maintain a positive working relationship with the event sales team
- Complying with all company and hotel standards, according to the standards manual and mission statements.
- Training staff according to the training plan and ensure that all on and off job training is carried out accordingly for all casual and full-time staff.
As well as leading a team of great individuals. The successful applicant for this role will be able to display great leadership skills, willingness to be creative, deliver excellent customer service, have a positive can do' attitude, be willing to learn and show that they care.
If you are interested in joining a winning team where you are an empowered to be yourself at work, we would love to hear from you.
What's in it for you?
People love to work with RBH because
- We focus on health, well-being and our communities
- Our people are truly engaged at work
- There's open, clear communication from the top
- We've got great career development opportunities
- There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
- Everyday discounts from high street retailers
- Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
- Career opportunities, training, and help with course fees
- Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
- Incentive programmes
- Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
- Free meals on duty
- Healthcare plans and Insurance plans (just in case)
The Bigger Picture
With a real focus on performance, people, quality, profit and communities at RBHwe transform hotels.
RBH is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriot, and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.