We employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
- Well-presented and articulate
- Enthusiastic and passionate about customer service
- Great excellent communicator and team player with a can do' attitude
- Have a responsible manner with the ability to remain calm under pressure should a situation arise
- Take pride in your work
- Honest and hardworking
- A passion for helping guests
- Great at upselling products and services
- Ability to work flexibly, with working weekends
This hands on role will involve
- Providing guests with first class customer service
- .Becoming a welcoming face to the hotel for regular and new customers alike
- Assisting guests on check in, and providing a porterage service to guest rooms
- Providing local knowledge and expertise to give our guests an added value experience
- Day to day running of the drawing room, assisting in clearing the area, serving guests and being the host
- Upselling products and services to guests
- Be personable and engaging, ensuring every interaction exceeds guest expectations
- Process front desk audit reports
- Cleaning tasks, and bar and reception duties when required
- Consistently deliver company standards in your role as Night Porter
- Be enthusiastic, flexible and willing to learn with a professional and caring attitude
- Have good attention to detail in maintaining the standards and security of the hotel throughout the evening ensuring the guests stay is seamless
- Liaise with the Food & Beverage management team, Events office and Duty Manager, regarding any changes to numbers or room layouts.
- Assist with any functions or events as required
Crerar Hotels Values: Crerar Hotel Group is one of Scotland's leading privately owned hotel companies. Crerar Hotels work hard on talent development and always look to progress individuals through internal promotion. This role represents a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic individual to join a dynamic company.
By joining the Crerar Hotels team you'll also automatically be eligible to receive our Fair Fund. Our Fair Fund has been created to reward staff and encourage personal development. Each time a guest or customer decides to pay an optional service charge for great customer service, all staff members will benefit on an equal basis.
Three reasons to choose a career with Crerar Hotels
- Destination locations
Voted 2018's most beautiful country in the world, Scotland provides a sought-after quality of life, ideal for outdoorsy types. Urbanites may find there are limitations, with reduced public transport, small local shops and occasionally - the ultimate modern hardship - patchy phone signal. But those who take that in their stride find that they discover true peace and quiet, wake up to incredible scenery and have Scotland's natural larder to feast on daily.
- Talent development
We always aim to progress staff internally where possible, which means a number of our team have been with us long-term. They've chosen to make a life in one (or more!) of our locations, building themselves a varied career in the Scottish hospitality industry.
- Shaped by our values
Pride, authenticity, creativity, focus, respect and hard work. These principles guide our actions throughout the company, from management's decision making through to the front line of customer service. They're reflected in the Crerar Trust's work supporting local charities and our Fair Fund, ensuring tips are shared equally with all staff.