As Commis Chef you will assist the Chef de Partie in the running of the section and with the preparation and service of food.
You will embrace every opportunity to create extra special moments for our guests and provide a personal experience our guests will want to share.
- Ensuring guest satisfaction at all times.
- Preparing dishes so they are ready for guests at the right time, in line with brand standards.
- Preparing the mis-en-place for the relevant dishes and menu's.
- Ensuring equipment and work spaces are kept clean and tidy and in line with food hygiene requirements.
- To assist the Chef de Partie with regard to preparation of mis-en-place, cooking and the service of food to the required standards.
- To be responsible for the cleanliness of the section and all associated areas, relating to both storage and preparation, ensuring health and hygiene regulations are followed at all times in line with departmental cleaning schedules.
- Storing food requisitions in correct manner so they can be kept in prime condition.
- Ensuring all work surfaces and places of work are left clean and tidy when leaving duty.
- To be fully conversant with all menu items and their composition.
- To use safely all items of equipment according to manufacturer's instructions reporting any defects immediately.
- Keeping all cooking utensils in a clean and hygienic condition.
- To comply with statutory and legal requirements for Hygiene, Health and Safety, and other legislation relevant to your department and role, and to ensure that members of the Team are also aware of these requirements in accordance.
- Any duties other duties appropriate to the post.
Key Skills / Entry Requirement:
You will be a strong team player but also have the initiative to work on your own. You will have excellent attention to detail and be service orientated. You will also be well presented and have excellent standards of personal hygiene/appearance.
- Experience as a Kitchen Porter
- Can demonstrate an awareness of current food trends
- Can demonstrate an awareness of the importance of minimising wastage
- Can demonstrate a clear passion and interest in food
- Can demonstrate experience of ensuring cleanliness and hygiene of kitchen
- Good awareness of Health & Safety in the work place.
- Previous experience of working within a Kitchen of a 4 or 5 star hotel
- Food Hygiene Certificate
Why join Apex Hotels?
We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share.
With 10 four-star hotels throughout the UK, we like to think of our hotels as members of the family, each with their own personality and style. Although each of our hotels has its own character, whatever one our guests choose to stay at, they'll get a great night's sleep and a warm welcome. The key to it all is you, our employees.
We also offer great benefits which include:
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- 29 days holiday
- Access to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
- Discounted room rates
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Ongoing training and development
Putting your safety first
Apex Hotels have fully integrated all Covid19 measures into their properties to ensure peace of mind for all our Employees and Customers. You will be able to carry out your new role in a safe and clean environment with the additions of sanitiser, PPE requirements and distancing measures all as part of your daily routine.
Our recruitment process has been adapted to ensure we can hire safely while bringing in the best talent to join our Apex Family, so we have introduced video applications to give you the opportunity to let your personality shine through. Our interview process and Welcome Day induction process will be via Microsoft Teams, an online meeting channel, which you can access through your browser or its free to download the app on your laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!