Commis - The Fellows House Hotel
Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated and passionate about what they do . - Nelson Mandela
At the Fellows House, we want to offer everyone who walks through our doors an amazing experience. We offer a very personal blend of empowerment, enlightenment, and engagement and seek the remarkable in the everyday and everything that goes into this most unique Hotel.
Most of all we seek exceptional people who embody our team culture to be as devoted and person-centred as you. The brightest and best Cambridge has to offer
You are a Motivated Person that has passion for our industry. This role really has the potential for you to develop within our kitchen team.
You will be an approachable, active and engaging commis. You will be able to adapt to the current trends and the direction the Head Chef is providing.
As Commis you will be responsible for the assisting your CDP and Demi Chef in the preparation of food from your section. You will be reporting directly to the Head Chef, Sous Chef and CDP. You will help create memorable experiences for guests, whenever and wherever they dine. You will also ensure the quality of the food served by your section.
As Commis chef you will assist your team during service offering support where needed.
You will keep kitchen maintenance and inventory functions to high standards and ensure your kitchen section is always running smoothly and kept clean and tidy.
As Commis, you will:
- Assist the Sous Chef and CDPs in the production of the food offered to our guests
- Ensure quality and consistency in food preparation
- Ensure food presentation is followed according to recipes and standards
- Be hands on in the preparation of dishes.
- Ensure a first-in, first-out food rotation system and ensure all food products are properly dated and organised for quality assurance
- Help your CDP and Demi Chef in any way possible so your section runs smoothly
- Help maintain the proper levels of sanitation and food hygiene
- UK citizen or valid work permit
- Proficient numeracy and literacy skill
- Hands-on attitude
- Knowledge of UK Food Hygiene
We believe in being our best and true selves every single day and delivering the most refined experiences possible. We believe in always having good manners and being polite. We never let our high standards slip, have impeccable taste and an eye for detail. We have a deep love and respect for all cultures and cultural pursuits.
We are wholly committed to creating perfect experiences for our guests and teams alike. We are trustworthy and fiercely loyal. Everything we do is fuelled by passion. Passion for excellence. Passion for making the world a better and more interesting place. Passion for sharing wisdom. Passion for supporting each other to be the best we can be.
We believe in understanding and engaging with everyone on a human level. We recognise that everyone deserves to be appreciated for the genuine person they are with unique needs, desires, tastes, and preferences.
Benefits of working at The Fellows House:
- Comprehensive salary package
- Access to GO Hilton Travel Programme - stay in Hilton Hotels around the world for as little as 35$.
- 50% F&B Discount when staying in Hilton Hotels through the Go Hilton Travel Programme
- Staff meals and hot drinks on shift
- Career Development
- Extensive learning & development opportunities
In exchange for your efforts and dedication we offer a fantastic place to work, an opportunity to shape the culture of a new hotel and a comprehensive benefits package. If you wish to be considered for this superb opportunity click 'apply'.