At Cairn Group we're ambitious. With a varied and extensive UK portfolio of hotels, bars and restaurants in our portfolio, we're focused on continual growth and are in it for the long haul. We are a family owned business with family values at our core, with a growing team and sites UK wide.
About the role...
At The Old Ship Hotel we are looking for Commis Chefs who have a desire to work as part of a team, gaining knowledge in the industry. Experience is desirable but not essential as full training will be given to the right candidate.
Working with an experienced team of highly trained chefs you will learn all aspects of the kitchen, with opportunities to gain qualifications throughout your journey with us.
If you've always wanted to work in a kitchen but didn't know where to start, our hotel is the perfect solution for you. Whilst the prospect of working in a large property may seem daunting, we offer the right platforms for you to succeed.
Interviews will include a tour of the hotel and kitchen so you can see how we operate.
All shifts are straight shifts with 2 days off per week. Full uniform provided.
This is a great opportunity to learn and develop your culinary skills working for a large growing group -a company which values their staff, and encourages career progression through training and development. You'll develop your knowledge every day, learning how each area of the kitchen works through training, shadowing, guidance and mentoring. Under supervision, you'll prepare food and support the team to deliver the highest of standards and guest satisfaction
- A passion for food. Creative, innovative, and a willingness to learn and develop
- Ability to remain calm under pressure in a fast paced environment
- High standards of cleanliness and an understanding of health, safety and food safety regulations
- A proactive and organised approached
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- You will be eager to learn and develop through the support of your peers.