JOIN OUR FAMILY
At RBH we believe our people are our biggest assets and understand the value in putting them first. Our approach to diversity in the workplace, health & wellbeing, sustainability, and individuality sets us apart from our competitors and is one of the reasons we are rated Top 30 Best Places to Work in Hospitality! We are passionate about the industry and always on the lookout for new talent to join us on our journey...
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A COMMIS CHEF AT The Aberdeen Altens Hotel
What you'll be doing...
Reporting to the Head Chef , you can expect your working day to include the following duties.
You will be responsible to ensure that all food items are prepared, presented and served to the standard required under the guidance of the Sous Chef/Head Chef. To receive goods ordered and check items supplied are to the standard and quality required. To inform them Head/Sous Chef of any discrepancies. The successful applicant for this role will deliver excellent customer service, have a positive can do' attitude, be willing to learn and show that they care.
WHERE WILL YOU BE WORKING?
A modern hotel just three miles south of the Granite City, The Aberdeen Altens Hotel is one of the most popular business and conference centre's in the area.
An easy drive into the city, it's also ideally located if you want to discover Aberdeen and the beautiful East Coast, or Speyside and the majestic Scottish Highlands
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
To succeed in the role of Commis Chef you will need the following qualities and skills.
- The ability to adhering to the company's rules and regulations on policies and procedures relating to fire, hygiene, health & safety, and licensing regulations
- The ability to manage various sections of the kitchen, whilst ensuring health & safety standards are met
- To be flexible in your approach, and able to assist the Sous Chef and any other members of the kitchen brigade when required
- A team player who thrives in the hustle and bustle of a busy kitchen department
- Someone who is passionate about food and willing to learn
- Previous experience in a similar role
- An understanding of quality control and kitchen standards
WHAT WE OFFER
You will have access to a benefits package we believe truly works for our people and enhances our overall culture...
- Discounted hotel room rates for you and your friends & family
- Extra days holiday for your birthday
- Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
- Flexible pay with Wage stream - a financial wellbeing benefit that allows you to access your pay as you earn it.
- Pension - as it's important to save for a later date
- We are proud to be a Real Living Wage Employer
- Free meals on duty saving you over £1000 per year
- Incentive programmes - to keep you motivated!
- Life Assurance
- Free Health Club Membership
- 50% off in Coast & Keg
- Money off high street retailers
- Cycle to Work Scheme - huge savings on buying a new bike
- Refer a Friend Scheme - just by putting a good word in for a mate will earn you extra cash
To learn more about our full benefits package, click here to watch our employee benefits video.
THE BIGGER PICTURE
The Aberdeen Altens Hotel is managed by RBH Hospitality; an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriot and Wyndham. At RBH Hospitality we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So, if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!
RBH Hospitality Management is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We accept and celebrate our team for who they are and welcome people of all races, disabilities, sex, gender identities and reassignment, sexual orientation, ages, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We keep our recruitment process simple and consider applicants on their abilities alone to ensure a fair interview process. If at any point throughout our process you require reasonable adjustments, please contact email@example.com.