As a Cluster Resource Coordinator you will be responsible for coordination of staffing resources across the cluster of hotels, organizing and coordinating the effective onboarding of new team members, and assisting with the resource planning and coordination of our operations teams. The onboarding of staff is a key part of our employee journey, and this role will ensure that this is a smooth seamless welcome, that our new employees have all the tools to complete their job effectively including uniform, systems access. Additionally, the role will assist in the coordination of training delivery for new and existing employees, ensuring that the schedules of the trainees and the operations trainers are aligned, and that where needed meeting rooms and equipment necessary for training has been arranged.
This is a cluster role where you will be required to work across any of our 4 Edinburgh properties.
It is intended that this will support the achievement of the Boards key aspirations of:
- Support and coordination of cluster rostering, ensuring that movement of staff across the cluster is accurately recording in Fourth payroll management system, and supporting HODs to ensure that the proper coverage of staff is achieved across all areas
- Administration of holiday calendars and usage across all cluster departments
- Coordination of rosters of operational staff and the operations training department to align when training is delivered, and communication of training sessions with attendance reporting and recording
- Coordination of onboarding journey of new employees, scheduling the new employee and HOD & trainer interactions
- Organisation of uniform for new employees in advance of welcome day, and overall management of uniform stocks with cluster hotels, liaising with HODs for replacements and management of uniform returns
- Management and administration of employee locker access
Key Skills / Entry Requirement:
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Exceptional IT skills, including Microsoft Excel, word, powerpoint
- Strong experience in payroll/roster management systems
- Effective time management and planning skills, with a strong self-starting attitude
- High attention to details
- Strong Interpersonal and presentation skills, able to forge relationships across all levels easily
- Strong collaboration skills, used to working as part of an effective team
- Ability to accurately maintain systems and records, to support the deployment of resource
Why join Apex Hotels?
We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share.
With 10 four-star hotels throughout the UK, we like to think of our hotels as members of the family, each with their own personality and style. Although each of our hotels has its own character, whatever one our guests choose to stay at, they'll get a great night's sleep and a warm welcome. The key to it all is you, our employees.
We also offer great benefits which include:
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- 29 days holiday
- Access to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
- Discounted room rates
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Ongoing training and development
Putting your safety first
Apex Hotels have fully integrated all Covid19 measures into their properties to ensure peace of mind for all our Employees and Customers. You will be able to carry out your new role in a safe and clean environment with the additions of sanitiser, PPE requirements and distancing measures all as part of your daily routine.
Our recruitment process has been adapted to ensure we can hire safely while bringing in the best talent to join our Apex Family, so we have introduced video applications to give you the opportunity to let your personality shine through. Our interview process and Welcome Day induction process will be via Microsoft Teams, an online meeting channel, which you can access through your browser or its free to download the app on your laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!