We have an exciting opportunity for a Cluster Operations Manager to join our Edinburgh team. This is an exciting role which will impact and influence key decisions and strategies within the business going forward.
We are seeking a standards driven individual with passion and enthusiasm to fulfil the role of Cluster Operations Manager. Whilst the Heads of Department will report directly to the Cluster General Manager, they will have an indirect reporting line into this role which will support them in the delivery of all departmental revenue and cost initiatives.
This role will involve operational shift coverage across a seven-day week rota and will involve working between properties on a rotational basis.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To be highly visible at key operational times to ensure the drive and enhancement of the customer experience
- Maintain staff focus on the Customer's need', individualising and personalising service where possible and encouraging staff initiative
- Development and implementation of customer service plans that support the maintaining and continued high performance growth of our customer NPS
- Ownership of the full in stay and post stay customer service lifecycle, continually reviewing where improvements can be made and following up on customer feedback and addressing service gaps
- Working with the Cluster HOD's to ensure the brand service standards are routinely reviewed against adoption and delivery metrics
- Ensure the highest cleanliness standards across all hotel areas
- Collaborate with Cluster HOD's and Sales to support in following up customer lead opportunities and actively grow the business
- Work with Cluster HOD's to ensure that teams are upskilled and multiskilled in line with business requirements
- Work with the Cluster HOD's to translate annual strategic business plans into considered departmental scorecard targets and associated activity plans
- Analysis of daily / weekly payroll costs in accordance with forecasted and materialised revenue levels to ensure optimal staffing deployments are managed with overspend corrected within the same trading period
- To consistently conduct time in motion studies across all departments in accordance with technology and process adoption identifying incremental efficiencies
- Ensure effective holiday/sickness/absence management
This is a highly visible role and as the daily face of the operation you will be responsible for overseeing the continual development and delivery of the Apex guest journey, the brand standards and our team culture.
With a passion for customer satisfaction you will be proactive, show initiative and also be able to demonstrate leadership achievements. You will have evidence of motivating and developing department managers and be flexible on working hours. You will see this opportunity as a fantastic platform for the grounding required to move into your first General Manager position. You will:
- Have the ability to maintain and enhance a guest and team centric culture
- Communicate effectively at all levels both verbally and in writing
- Influence and inspire confidence
- Imbue a coaching, supporting and challenging mentality that delivers operational results
- Build effective and productive relationships (internal & external)
- Create an open environment
- Identify and manage best resources to achieve targets
- Translate strategies into practical plans
Why join Apex Hotels?
We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share.
With 10 four-star hotels throughout the UK, we like to think of our hotels as members of the family, each with their own personality and style. Although each of our hotels has its own character, whatever one our guests choose to stay at, they'll get a great night's sleep and a warm welcome. The key to it all is you, our employees.
We also offer great benefits which include:
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- 29 days holiday
- Access to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
- Discounted room rates
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Ongoing training and development
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!