We have an exciting opportunity for a Cluster Head Chef to join our team. This is a new cluster role which will impact and influence key decisions and strategies within the business going forward.
This role may suit someone who has operated multiple outlets in a single site or a Senior Sous Chef with experience in assisting in the management of various outlets or sites and ready for their next move.
Spearheading the cluster culinary experience, you will drive our approach in delivering a high-quality food offering. You will work closely with our supply chain partners, in house centralised services and on property kitchen and front of house teams to continue developing, researching, and implementing appropriate efficiency and quality changes across all cluster outlets. Delivery of a sustainable and continuous profit growth across all outlets will be essential.
Growth & profitability
- Management of all food and sundry costs through rigorous stock control measures
- Analyse and present monthly profit and loss commentaries with follow on corrective activity
- Daily / weekly payroll and food cost analysis in accordance with forecasted and materialised revenue levels to ensure optimal performance with overspend corrected within the same trading period
- Work with the Cluster Food and Beverage Manager to translate annual strategic business plans into considered departmental scorecard targets and associated activity plans
- Develop a multi skilled culinary team that delivers cluster payroll flexibility with minimal tiers
- To be highly visible at key service periods focusing attention to detail on culinary delivery
- Maintain team focus on the Customer's need' with service personalisation
- Ownership of the full in stay and post stay culinary feedback, to address quality gaps
Employer of choice
- In line with company initiatives, deliver and initiate regular team recognition
- Develop and coordinate a community / social calendar of events for team members
- Support the sharing of regular company wellness initiatives (currently through Engage4)
- Organising and delivering regular staff communications on business trading
- Seek out, communicate and leverage culinary training best practices
- Drive alignment of processes that enable consistent execution across the cluster
- Conduct daily and weekly briefings to discuss service delivery details of VIP/events
- Work with procurement to optimise cost margins alongside product quality
- Set and monitor all kitchen hygiene standards and work practises
You must possess excellent attention to detail, be creative and innovative with the vision to capitalise on sales opportunities. Specific requirements include:
- Clear and influencing communicator with the ability to interact across all levels
- Possess a sales and profit driven mentality
- Identifies and manages best resources to achieve targets
- Translates strategies into practical plans
- Builds and develops a guest centric team culture
- Food Safety Management and Professional Cookery qualification at level 3 or above
- Coaching, supporting, challenging mentality that delivers operational results
Why join Apex Hotels?
We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share.
With 10 four-star hotels throughout the UK, we like to think of our hotels as members of the family, each with their own personality and style. Although each of our hotels has its own character, whatever one our guests choose to stay at, they'll get a great night's sleep and a warm welcome. The key to it all is you, our employees.
We also offer great benefits which include:
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- 29 days holiday
- Access to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
- Discounted room rates
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Ongoing training and development
If you wish to be considered for this superb opportunity click apply'. We look forward to hearing from you!