We have a great opportunity for a Cluster Accounts Assistant to join us at Jurys Inn & Leonardo Hotels. As Cluster Accounts Assistant you will be a key member of the Finance Team, reporting to the Cluster Assistant Financial Controller. You will be assisting in the efficient running of the finance functions, namely income audit process, revenue capture and payments reconciliation within the cluster properties. Our amazing team is just one of the things that makes this such a great place to work; we strive to support our teams in all aspects of their employment and wellbeing.
Why Jurys and Leonardo?
You will receive practical training, development and progression within a dynamic and rapidly expanding company. If you want a career in Hospitality and Finance then look no further, we have great programs to support your development towards a long and successful career.
Here are some of the role's key responsibilities
- Assist the Cluster Accounts Supervisor in ensuring that profitability is optimised within the business.
- To ensure effective and timely communication of business performance and opportunities to all levels of management within the organization`s processes and timelines
- Undertake audit performance reviews of daily revenue processed, highlighting queries and review processes both at operational level and to the AFC.
- To ensure that all banking transactions are reconciled and inputted into the financial system in a timely manner.
- To ensure the weekly and monthly deadliness are adhered to & reporting information from Operations has been received & verified.
- Manage all financial information with accuracy, appropriate approval signatures have been received, while maintaining confidentiality and in line with company policy.
- To participate in the month end accounts processes as per company policies and procedures, ensuring preparation of accurate and timely financial reports.
- To assist with the preparation of the monthly balance sheet reconciliations held at property level.
- To assist with the valuation of stock takes within the cluster.
- To liaise with the Operational team on financial matters and undertake training where necessary.
- Follow correct procedures to ensure financial processes are completed, timely and correctly.
- Ad Hoc requirements based on Financial and Operational needs.
An excellent Cluster Accounts Assistant will have:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility regarding travel
- Good understanding and ability to interpret financial records
- Up-to-date knowledge of accounting and finance practice and procedures.
- Keep abreast of industry news / performance / relevant new initiatives.
- Excellent working knowledge of SAP and Procure Wizard
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office packages, Opera, Simphony
- Educated to A level / equivalent or Finance Qualification, or qualified by at least 2 years' experience in a similar role
Some of the great benefits of working for us include:
- The opportunity to work for a well-respected brand where people development is at the heart of our culture.
- Happy Rewards - we reward your performance with points, and what does points make .PRIZES. Whether its love to shop vouchers or that well deserved day off, you choose!
- Stay at one of our Jurys Inn or Leonardo Hotels UK for a hugely discounted rate and get a reduced rate for friends and family if they want to stay too.
- Employee of the month earning you a little bonus and fame for that entire month.
- An array of learning courses in which you can attend - the sky is the limit with your development with us, we nourish your skills and talents to develop leaders of the future.
- Earn yourself thousands by referring a friend.
- Meals on duty.
- We have many locations in the UK and Ireland which means if you want to develop or just fancy a change of scenery, we can help you to move.
- Company Pension Scheme, Life assurance & Wellbeing support.
- We help and support our local communities with lots of Charity Events throughout the year.