Be part of the family...
We're a family business through and through - family owned, family run, with a warm family welcome for guests and team alike. Our seven hotels are unique and set in three stunning Scottish locations. Some are big, some are small but all offer good food & drink, great beds and a ton of things to do.
Crieff Hydro Hotel
Pretty much in the centre of Scotland, we're set in a 900acre estate in stunning Perthshire. Home from home, we've been welcoming generations of families for 150 years. We have 215 hotel bedrooms, 55 self-catering lodges, six restaurants and over 60 onsite activities- there really is something for everyone!
We're not sure who loves Big Country (our registered childcare facility) more - the parents/cares or the children!
Big Country has a day care facility and offers free childcare to all our resort guests. We welcome up to 125 children, from ages 3 months to 12, seven days a week, all year round.
About the role
You'll lead our team of dedicated childcare practitioners. An experienced Childcare Manager, you'll be responsible for managing our childcare facility ensuring we continue to deliver a child-centred, safe and stimulating environment for every child.
Your knowledge and commitment will ensure the effective daily management in accordance with all relevant legislation and Care Inspectorate requirements
You'll monitor and evaluate feedback from both our children and their parents/carers, helping inform and drive the future strategy and development of the service.
You'll have experience in managing and motivating large teams ensuring every parent/carer and child feels welcome and reassured they are in safe hands. As well as your core team, you'll inspire and develop our future workforce.
What we need from you:
- Childcare Manager Experience Essential - 3 - 5 year's work experience
- Qualified - you'll be qualified in BA Childhood Practice or working towards
- Leadership - a natural leader- we want happy, confident, motivated teams
- Commitment - you'll keep abreast of local and national developments in relation to Early Years and Child Care
- Good Listener - we don't make assumptions, we listen to what our children and parents have to say - the good and the bad
- Ideas and openness - we're up for doing things differently and will try (almost) everything once
- Fun and easy to talk to - we're looking for personality, not a corporate clone
Flexibility - there's no problem you can't fix