Do you want to excite the world of Hospitality?
We bring together a portfolio of Hotel assets and brands under a common philosophy centered around delivering exceptional customer experiences, nurturing talent and smart investment to drive superior performance and growth.
What will I be doing?
As a Commis Chef, you are responsible for preparing and presenting dishes to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Commis Chef will also be required to prepare and contribute to departmental targets. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Ensure consistent great food production, in line with the high quality standards expected
- Perform tasks within a timely manner
- Contribute to Kitchen revenue through effective food cost control
- Provide support to the Kitchen brigade
- Prepare and present high quality dishes within company guidelines
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
- Prepare all mis-en-place for all relevant menus
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Awareness departmental targets and strive to achieve them as part of the team
- Meet all health and hygiene requirements
- Be environmentally aware
What are we looking for?
A Commis Chef is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous experience as a Commis Chef or Apprentice Chef
- NVQ Level 1
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proven ability to work with a team and to follow instruction
- A passion to learn and a drive to succeed in a culinary/hospitality career
- Proof of completion in a basic food hygiene course
- A passion for food and the culinary arts
- Completion of an accredited commercial cookery course or trade apprenticeship
- Experience multi-tasking and working in an environment with rigorous standards
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
What will it be like to work for Amaris Hospitality?
Amaris Hospitality operates branded hotels in key locations across the UK and Ireland. We offer our employees excellent opportunities to grow and develop within our portfolio along with the following benefits:
- Staff, Friends & Family discount within Amaris Portfolio of hotels and also within the International brand you would work within.
- Food & Beverage discount.
- Modern, stylish uniforms.
- Meals on duty.
- Social calendar of events.
- Learning & Development for all levels.