The role of the Chef is to prepare food for the Restaurant, Bar and Conference departments to a consistently high standard to meet guest requirements. Also to ensure the correct storage of all deliveries while maintaining excellent health and hygiene kitchen practice at all times. The Demi Chef de Partie will also assist in the training and development of junior members of the kitchen team.
Your Day to Day
- Contribute to the production of food items in accordance with instructions from the Sous Chef and/or the Head Chef.
- Be knowledgeable of the day's business, i.e. know what reservations are booked in to the Food & Beverage outlets, be aware of outside events that will impact directly on business, etc.
- Be familiar with the menu and with any specials of the day.
- Ensure all dishes are prepared in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all dishes leaving the kitchen/buffet are prepared to the approved standard of presentation.
- Avoid unnecessary wastage, to observe proper portion planning and control and to act in a cost effective, responsible manner.
- Comply with all Health and Safety guidelines and report any issues as appropriate.
- Energy and cost awareness to deliver savings where possible.
- Ensure the kitchen equipment is in working order; report any maintenance issues to Head Chef.
- Following company control procedures in accordance with the company Internal audit requirements
- Ensure excellent food hygiene practice is observed in the entire food chain from storage through to preparation and service.
- Ensure HACCP compliance within the kitchen and all Food & Beverage outlets.
You must be an experienced chef with a mimimum 2 years working as a Demi Chef de Partie or Commis Chef in a kitchen the cooks and serves fresh produce.