At Cairn Group we're ambitious. With a varied and extensive UK portfolio of hotels, bars and restaurants in our portfolio, we're focused on continual growth and are in it for the long haul. We are a family owned business with family values at our core, with a growing team and sites UK wide.
About the role...
Great restaurant memories come from many places. The sights, sounds, scents and importantly the food. Your passion for presentation and dedication to delivering high quality dishes will complete our guest's experience. By taking pride in your workspace, keeping your standards high, and giving our menu the benefit of your expertise, you'll create some of our guests' most lasting memories.
You'll oversee a section of the kitchen, and in larger kitchens, lead a small team of chefs. You'll give instruction to the team you lead, whilst also supporting the leadership team in other duties as required. You will also ensure the delivery of consistently high-quality food and keep up to date with new products, recipes and preparation techniques.
- You will have experience in a similar role and a passion for food. Creative, innovative, and a willingness to learn and develop
- Ability to remain calm under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong communication skills through a variety of means
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to stay calm under pressure, adapting your approach to complete routine and non-routine tasks
- Exceptional organisation and planning skills. High attention to detail and accuracy - great at managing one's own time and the time of the team
- Drive & self-motivated. Good knowledge of kitchen related legislative requirements/audits