Do you want to join a Top 30 Best Places to Work in Hospitality?
Do you want to work in an industry that offers SO many different career paths?
Do you want to express yourself?
Do you want flexibility?
Do you want to feel safe at work?
Do you want to be part of a company that takes sustainability and the environment seriously?
At The Townhouse we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
The position of Chef de Partie, has become available at The Townhouse. Reporting into the Head Chef, you will be part of a team that makes our guests stay memorable, as we always remember the food, You will support and be responsible for:
- Preparing, cooking, and presenting dishes within your speciality
- Managing and training commis chefs working with you
- Helping the sous chef and head chef to develop new dishes and menus.
- Ensuring you and your team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety.
- Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins.
The successful applicant for this role will deliver excellent customer service, have a positive can do' attitude, be willing to learn and show that they care.
Where Will You Be Working?
Set in the heart of Manchester's vibrant city centre on the historic Portland Street thoroughfare, The Townhouse Hotel boasts 85 spacious bedrooms and a history dating back centuries.
Originally serving as a cotton warehouse during the industrial revolution, this storied Grade II-listed building exudes the character and history for which Manchester is famed, as well as the unique contemporary style that sees visitors arriving from every corner of the globe.
What Are We Looking For?
We are looking for someone who can communicate well with others, can carry out instructions, is able to pay close attention to detail and will commit to providing outstanding service to our guests. Experience within a similar role is preferable but full training is provided.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because
- We focus on health, wellbeing, and our communities.
- Our people are truly engaged at work.
- There's open, clear communication from the top.
- We've got great career development opportunities.
- There is a culture of transformation and innovation.
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will have access to a benefits package that includes.
- Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you popular!
- Incentive programmes- to keep you motivated
- Money off high street retailers- hundreds of saving's to be had
- Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
- Free meals on duty? (this could easily equate to over £1000 per year saving to you *based on full time hours)
- Pension - as it's important to save for a later date
- Flexible pay with Wage stream - a financial wellbeing benefit that allows you to access your pay as you earn it
- Training programmes - we want you to be the best you can be
- Tips - a bit extra is always handy
- Cycle to Work Scheme- huge savings on buying a new bike
- Refer a Friend Scheme - just by putting
The Bigger Picture
The Townhouse is managed by RBH; an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott, and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So, if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!