Chef De Partie
We are currently recruiting a Chef de Partie to join our team at Nor’ Loft, located in Market Street hotel. At Nor’ Loft we truly believe a good work life balance is the key to the success of our business. In this current climate we acknowledge that in order for our employees to achieve maximum efficiency they need to be able to switch off from work and have a relaxing home life as well. Our team are guaranteed to never work more than a 40 hour work week.
Passion and knowledge about food and ingredients are an essential base for working in the kitchen.
In our front of house kitchen, you will have personality in abundance to interact with our guests, the ability to multi-task and stay calm under pressure. Experience would be advantageous but if you have the passion for food and enjoy working in a unique kitchen environment, please get in touch.
As CDP, you will support the Head and Sous chef with the day to day running of the kitchen.
Duties will include:
- Preparing and cooking of dishes, to the set-out specifications, from our menu
- Ability, on occasion, to work unsupervised
- Opportunity to develop, with dish designs and ideas
- Great place to learn and develop as a chef
- Cleaning to an exceptionally high standard around the kitchen
- Taking direction from Senior chefs
- Maintaining appropriate levels of Food Safety and Hygiene
Approximate working hours: hours vary depending on business needs, approximately 32-40 hours weekly, we believe a work life balance is important.
Working a mixture of breakfast and day/evening shifts.
We offer you the unique opportunity to be instrumental in the running of our beautiful hotel and make a big impact in our food and beverage operation
- Meal on duty
- Uniform provided
- Working with friendly face on a daily basis
- Competitive salary and staff tips
Once you have completed your prohibition period, you are eligible for our enhanced benefits:
- Enjoy a guest experience of an overnight stay at Market Street hotel for you and a friend.
- 25% off of all Glendola Leisure venues
- Friend & Family Discount available
- We want to see your name in lights – an extra treat every time your names is positively mentioned on review websites
- Enjoy a complimentary Carlton Hotel Collection stay annually
- Preferential hotel rates across participating Design Hotels™
About Market Street hotel:
Market Street hotel features 98 urban boutique style rooms and suites, each is complete with thoughtful touches, designed to leave a lasting impression on today’s intrepid traveller.
A medley of bold design and distinct comfort, each room exudes calm and tranquillity coupled with a vibrant atmosphere. Modern and experiential yet simultaneously homely, Market Street hotel offers a unique oasis away from the hustle and bustle of city life whilst keeping its finger on the pulse of Edinburgh’s beating heart.