Chef de Partie - The Fellows House Hotel
History shows us that the people who end up changing the world are always nuts, until they are right, and then they are geniuses. - John Eliot, Fellow of The Trinity College
At the Fellows House, we want to offer everyone who walks through our doors an amazing experience. We offer a very personal blend of empowerment, enlightenment, and engagement and seek the remarkable in the everyday and everything that goes into this most unique Hotel.
Most of all we seek exceptional people who embody our team culture to be as devoted and person-centred as you. The brightest and best Cambridge has to offer.
You are a Motivated Person that has passion for our industry and be involved in the community. This role really has the potential for you to develop yourself within our kitchen team and grow in experience.
You will be an approachable, active and engaging section leader. You will be able to adapt to the current trends and the direction the Head Chef is providing.
As Chef de Partie you will be responsible for the preparation and supervising of your section and will be reporting directly to the Head Chef & Sous Chef. You will help create memorable experiences for guests, whenever and wherever they dine. You will also ensure the quality of the food served by your section. You will keep kitchen maintenance and inventory functions to high standards and ensure your kitchen section is always running smoothly.
As CDP, you will:
- Assist the Head Chef and Sous Chef in the production of the food offered to our guests
- Ensure quality and consistency in food preparation and presentation is followed by the team
- Be hands on the preparation of dishes, management of the pass, monitoring of quality
- Ensure a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verify all food products are properly dated and organised for quality assurance
- Help train team members of your section to have an up-to-date knowledge of all food menus as well as hotel facilities and current offerings.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of your section
- UK citizen or valid work permit
- Proficient numeracy and literacy skill
- Hands-on attitude
- Knowledge of UK Food Hygiene
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a similar role
We believe in being our best and true selves every single day and delivering the most refined experiences possible. We believe in always having good manners and being polite. We never let our high standards slip, have impeccable taste and an eye for detail. We have a deep love and respect for all cultures and cultural pursuits.
We are wholly committed to creating perfect experiences for our guests and teams alike. We are trustworthy and fiercely loyal. Everything we do is fuelled by passion. Passion for excellence. Passion for making the world a better and more interesting place. Passion for sharing wisdom. Passion for supporting each other to be the best we can be.
We believe in understanding and engaging with everyone on a human level. We recognise that everyone deserves to be appreciated for the genuine person they are with unique needs, desires, tastes, and preferences.
Benefits of working at The Fellows House:
- Comprehensive salary package
- Access to GO Hilton Travel Programme - stay in Hilton Hotels around the world for as little as 35$.
- 50% F&B Discount when staying in Hilton Hotels through the Go Hilton Travel Programme
- Staff meals and hot drinks on shift
- Career Development
- Extensive learning & development opportunities
In exchange for your efforts and dedication we offer a fantastic place to work, an opportunity to shape the culture of a new hotel and a comprehensive benefits package. If you wish to be considered for this superb opportunity click 'apply'.