At Cairn Group we're ambitious. With a varied and extensive UK portfolio of hotels, bars and restaurants in our portfolio, we're focused on continual growth and are in it for the long haul. We are a family owned business with family values at our core, with a growing team and sites UK wide.
About the role...
At The Old Ship Hotel we are looking for CDP's with a desire to be team players and gain further knowledge in the industry. This role would suit a Commis Chef or Demi CDP looking to step up. You will be required to run sections within the kitchen and oversee junior members of staff.
Working with an experienced team of highly trained chefs you will further increase knowledge in all aspects of the kitchen, with opportunities to gain qualifications throughout your journey with us.
Interviews will include a tour of the hotel and kitchen where you can so how we operate.
All shifts are straight shifts with 2 days off per week. Full uniform provided.
- You will have experience in a similar role and a passion for food. Creative, innovative, and a willingness to learn and develop
- Ability to remain calm under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong communication skills through a variety of means
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to stay calm under pressure, adapting your approach to complete routine and non-routine tasks
- Exceptional organisation and planning skills. High attention to detail and accuracy - great at managing one's own time and the time of the team
- Drive & self-motivated. Good knowledge of kitchen related legislative requirements/audits