- Job Reference: 00007637-1
- Date Posted: 7 June 2022
- Recruiter: Dalkeith Country Park
- Location: Dalkeith
- Salary: On Application
- Bonus/Benefits: £21,000 - £24,000
- Sector: Temp, Interim & Seasonal, Venue, Attraction, Travel and Entertainment, Customer Service
- Job Type: Permanent
Dalkeith Country Park is a truly special place. Just a few miles from Edinburgh, it’s home to Fort Douglas adventure playground and Restoration Yard, set in a beautiful 1,000-acre country estate. With over 300 years of history, a 700 year-old oak wood and miles of waymarked trails, visitors can enjoy exploring the park before a delicious meal in our restaurant, The Kitchen, or a browse around our wonderfully eclectic retail store. You’ll also find our Wellbeing Lab offering yoga and fitness classes.
This is a hugely varied, rewarding and exciting role. No two days are the same and you will be “hands on” in every aspect of park activity! Watch this short video to hear first-hand what makes this such a unique and interesting role https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX5eLTOzL0g.
As Caretaker you will support the Facilities Team ensuring that the needs of our visitors, colleagues and tenants are met and that day-to-day operations at Dalkeith Country Park run smoothly with emergencies being responded to effectively. In addition, you will carry out small maintenance jobs and liaise with contractors on bigger jobs.
• Do you have solid experience in a similar role and work environment?
• Can you demonstrate strong communication skills with the ability to engage with a
wide range of people?
• Are you able to demonstrate excellent organisation skills, a flexible approach and
the ability to use your initiative?
Shifts are 7.30am to 6.30pm on a 4 on 4 off basis, with average hours being 35 - 40 per week. Additional cover for holidays and sickness will be required. A full UK divers license is essential. Supervisory experience will be an advantage.
Interested? To apply please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 22 June.